Dear Draco Lucius Malfoy

A/N: Okay, I had SO much fun writing this chapter.  It took me about two and a half hours to write this chapter.  I started this morning, and then I had to do school work.  Then I came back because I couldn't not finish this chapter.  This chapter connects Ami and Draco a little more.  I didn't know where to go with this chapter, so I kept on erasing some parts and then putting in new conversations.  I wanted to make this chapter conversation heavy.  There's a lot of dialogue between Draco and Ami.  We start to see that both of them are similar in several ways.  I started to wean Ami off of Harry bit by bit because I hate the Harry x Ami pairing.  Hopefully this chapter has a lot of character development!  I didn't intentionally put in parts here; I just wrote whatever I felt really went along.  You have to realize that the characters are mostly 15/16 years old.  

Sorry it's been taking so long to update.  I'm actually going to try and update in a week and a half when I have Thanksgiving break.  I HAD to update today, even though I have LOADS of homework.  Yeah, I'm getting like three to four hours of sleep tonight, but that's okay.  Ugh, I hate my life.  

Anyway, sorry about ranting!  Here's the next chapter!  :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Waking up to the sound of silent bickering and the sweet aroma of hot cocoa never felt so good.  As I slowly pried the lids of my eyes open,  I caught a glimpse of green.  I slowly lifted my back and sat up in the soft white bed.  Bringing my pale hands to my eyes, I attempted to rub the sleepiness out of my eyes.  When I removed my hands, I saw a panic-stricken Hermione, an amused Ron, and an angry Harry.  That's just about the exact moment when I realized I wasn't in my dorm room. 

"Uh..." I started, but was cut off by Hermione's hug. 

"Where were you?  We were worried sick when you didn't show up for dinner.  We looked all around the castle for you, imagining all the places you could be.  We went to your dorm five times, and the last time we went there, we found a note on your bedstead," Hermione ranted.

"Shush, Hermione.  I'm okay," I replied. 

"But we're not," stated Harry.  "We found the note, which informed us that you were under Madam Pomfrey's care.  We rushed over here, and saw you looking practically lifeless.  Care to tell us what happened?" 

"Was it something I said, Ami?  Oh God, I'm so sorry.  I hope I didn't make you do anything reckless," Hermione interrupted and looked so contrite that she almost made me want to cry and solace her.

"No, Hermione, you didn't  intentionally do anything.  I would tell you guys what happened, but I'm also a little fazed by what occurred in the last 24 hours.  I'm still a little in shock," I stated.

None of them replied, and Ron stared in the other direction as though he already knew.  I wonder if he did.  Had my parents informed the Weasleys about my sister's death and Voldemort's attack?  I'd have to ask him later.  Other things were currently on my mind. 

"Do you guys have that note with you now, by chance?" I piped.  I wouldn't have to read or even look at the letter to guess who had written it.  I already knew. 

"Why?" Harry raised his eyebrows and gave me an authorizing glare. 

Well, since they hated that person's gut, I wasn't going to yield.  I'd have to deal with him on my own; I didn't and wouldn't need their assistance. 

"I just want to make sure that that person was the one who rescued me," I hated the sound of the word 'rescue' mixed together with the thought of that person.