The Spilling of Tears

Author's note:  I hate including an author's note, but at the same time, I feel compelled to!  Ok, so, this was a pretty long chapter for me.  I kept on coming back to it and then abandoning it!  I've been feeling really lazy since last week!  Hopefully this chapter is exciting!  It has a lot of Draco moments...  I feel like my character's slightly bipolar... I'm trying to capture this whole teenage angst idea (LOL).  

I'm trying to write more, but I don't know how long it will take me to upload.  Expect really sporadic uploads because I have to get ready for school, and I'm going to be really busy with school!  It starts next week (AHHH!).  I want to post up a Teen Wolf story tonight or tomorrow for all you fans out there!  Anyway, please, please comment.  I'm open to any feedback!  I want to stay pretty close to the plot line in the book, but there will be times when I stray away from it!  

-------------------------------------------

Our presentation turned out to be…well, frankly, quite spectacular.  Malfoy paid attention to all the pedantic movements, and I followed his suit.  Professor McGonagall awarded both of us with an Outstanding with a beaming smile on her face, “Bravo!  That was the most daring presentation I’ve seen in years.  Excellent, both of you.”   When she stated these words, I caught sight of the smug smile on Malfoy’s face, and I inadvertently hugged him.  I don’t know what exactly made me do it – it was a rather instinctive move.

“Um, sorry,” I stuttered, glancing at his wide cerulean eyes.  His hands itched to return my embrace as I could feel the heat radiating off of them.  I wanted to reside in the grooves of his toned muscles.  I yearned to caress those luscious lips of his and to explore his silky platinum blond locks.

Reality struck me hard as Professor McGonagall cleared her throat and announced, “Up next are Anthony Goldstein and Padma Patil.” After a few seconds of careless hesitation, I broke apart from Malfoy.  Could I possibly harbor feelings for Malfoy?  No, the prospect of secretly liking Malfoy was slightly unnerving.  It would take a copious amount of effort and energy.  Besides, I liked Harry.  How in the world could I like his nemesis?  I must be feeling a little hormonal this morning, and I wouldn’t be surprised if I had hugged Goyle or Crabbe instead of Malfoy.  Maybe I was just enthused from Professor’s McGonagall’s words.   Who knows?  All I knew was that I was definitely NOT fond of Draco Malfoy. 

As Malfoy ushered me back to my seat, Pansy gave me an icy stare. 

“Boyfriend snatcher” she mouthed as I strode past her.  She was wearing Ruby Red lipstick, which horribly clashed with her sallow skin. 

“Bitch,” I mouthed back and chuckled softly when she let out a faint gasp.  Goyle succeeded in mollifying the little “princess,” causing me to snicker once again.   

Overall, I must say our presentation supplanted all others.  I don’t want to sound biased, but our presentation had the right amount of magic and entertainment.  Other presentations, such as Pansy and Goyle’s completely missed the point of the whole assignment.  Pansy and Goyle meekly transfigured two out of their fifteen items.  At the end of their presentation, their faces were flushed, and both of them shared fallen countenances.

“Hm, must have been snogging during most of their night sessions,” I muttered under my breath.  From the corner of my left eye, I saw the edges of Malfoy’s lips turn down slightly. 

As Professor McGonagall excused the class, I remained in my seat.  I prodded Malfoy to do the same.  We had a fifteen minute break after Transfiguration, so we wouldn’t be late for our next class. 

“What do you want?” Malfoy asked, rather impatiently. 

“I just wanted to say good job. You did well,” I complimented him.