Enigmatic Daydreams

Author's Note: YES!  I've finally updated!  School is already killing me; I have piles and piles of homework.  Again, expect sporadic updates.

This is a weird chapter.  I'm not sure if I like it.  I actually like the ending because Ami finally learns to ignore Malfoy.  Don't worry!  That won't last long...

Comment if you want to!  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I jumped into Ron’s arms and didn’t even try to hold my sobs back.  Hermione and Ron patted my back and gave Malfoy icy stares.  If looks could kill, theirs would have been perfect imitations of the Avada Kedrava spell.   However, I refused to look back, not wanting to reminisce about my afternoon. 

I continued to sob until we entered the Gryffindor common room.  Truthfully, I didn’t care if I looked like a cry baby because I needed to wash away my feelings and thoughts. 

After taking a quite comfortable position on one of the couches, I slowly began wiping away my tears. With my right sleeve, I wiped the tears, and with my left sleeve, I wiped the snot away.  

“You’re a bloody mess,” Ron brusquely stated.

“No really?  Good job, Sherlock.”  I knew he probably hadn’t read any Muggle books, but I couldn’t resist the opportunity.  Plus, he was being slightly obnoxious.

“Ron! Please leave.  You don’t know how to be sensitive.”  Thank god for Hermione. 

Ron made a grotesque face and abruptly stalked out of the room.  

“Thanks, ‘Mione,” I sniffled and looked at her with puffy eyes.

“Ami, do you want to talk about it?  Because if you don’t, that’s perfectly fine with me,” she softly inquired. 

“Yeah, I think it’s better to talk about it and get it out of my system.  You’re okay with rants, right?”

She chuckled and nodded.  I sighed before I began my prolix description.

“I was watching Ron’s try out when Malfoy appears out of nowhere and takes a seat next to me on the grass.  We converse a little, and suddenly, he starts insulting Ron’s flying.  I can’t say I’m surprised since he basically hates every Gryffindor, especially Ron and Harry.  However, he continues to insult him, and I tell him to stop.  When I tell him to stop, I blurt out that I thought that both of us were friends.  Then he goes on and says that I could never be one of his friends.  Hermione, how could I be so stupid?  How could I ever think that I was friends with Malfoy?  He’s just another stupid, arrogant jerk who thinks he can get anyway with everything.” 

“It’s ok, Ami.  You don’t want to be friends him, anyway.  He’ll just use you and throw you away.  Everything revolves around him and his family.” Hermione pulled me into a close embrace and patted my back. 

“Thanks for listening, Hermione.”

“You’re welcome.  You can always come to me.  Just a word of advice: never go to Ron when you need a shoulder to lean on.” 

Harry suddenly crawled in through the hole and replied, “That’s true.”  At this, all three of cracked up. 

“Ami, are you alright?  You look extremely pale.” He took a seat on the other side of me, and I immediately blushed at his proximity. 

“Yeah, I’m ok.  I was a little shaken from Malfoy’s words, but it’s no big deal.”

Malfoy?   Didn’t I tell you to stay away from him?” Harry growled in a low voice and narrowed his shining green eyes.  Tears inadvertently started flowing down my face again.