Slytherin Prince? It Must Be A Slytherin Thing.

“You’re late,” he said blatantly, staring aimlessly at the wall in front of him. 

“Well, there’s a reason for that.  I’m sure you already know it,” I hesitated, not wanting to sound cocky right away.  I needed to gain Malfoy’s favor and trust.  I felt as if I were trying to domesticate a wild animal.  Mental note number 2: I think Malfoy can classify as a wild animal. 

He smirked as he caught my gaze.  I couldn’t help but notice how white his teeth were.  Almost as bright as the stars that could be seen later at night. 

“So… Are we doing this or not?” Malfoy confusedly asked.  My expression must have been a mixture of shock and well, more shock. 

“Um, yeah, sure.  I just, uh, well, didn’t think you’d show up,” I muttered, becoming suddenly interested in my nails. 

“As much as I don’t like it, I need to pass McGonagall’s class,” he informed.  I nodded in approval, realizing that it was perfectly understandable that he would hate the class taught by the head of his rival house.

We practiced for about an hour, rehearsing our routine and fixing some errors in our written report.  All in all, we seemed ready; I could practically envision Professor McGonagall beaming at our presentation even though she hardly seemed to beam at anyone. 

Just as Malfoy was about to leave the Astronomy Tower, I realized I still had the apology notes.  Maybe if I could give both of them to him right now, then I wouldn’t have to humiliate myself in front of the Slytherins. 

“Hey Draco, wait!” I called out, hoping that he had heard my ephemeral yell.  Fortunately, he turned around and ceased what he was doing.

“What?” he asked impatiently.  He must have been hungry.  Giving detention to people such as myself must really make him hungry. 

“Snape wanted me to give these to you,” I ran forward, giving him the two letters, carefully sealed with glue. 

“What are they?” he curiously asked, raising his blonde eyebrows.  Damn it!  I didn’t want to explain the situation to him. 

“You can find out on your own.  The explanation is inside the letters!  Oh, by the way, one of them is for Pansy.  Can you give it to her?  Thanks so much!” I yelled as I dashed out of the room, trying to avoid an awkward encounter. 

“Why the hell do you always run away?” he growled after me.  However, he decided to put his pursuit to a rest as I faded out of sight.

After stowing my book bag into the closet in my bedroom, I made my way to the Great Hall for dinner.  Right when I sat down at the Ravenclaw table, Padma pestered me with several questions.

“Where have you been all day?  I was worried sick! What did Pansy want? Why didn’t you come after a couple of minutes?”

“I said some things to Pansy, and unfortunately for me, Malfoy heard them and gave me detention,” I sighed, hoping she would be satisfied with my succinct reply.  Unfortunately for me, she wasn’t.

“What did you say to Pansy?” she pushed.

“Ami!  Where have you been?  We were supposed to study together!  Did you forget about the History of Magic study date?” Hermione appeared out of nowhere. 

“Oh shoot!  I’m sorry, Hermione!  Malfoy gave me detention!  I had to write lines in Snape’s office for hours!” I apologized profusely. 

“It’s quite alright!  Don’t worry about it!  We’ll have plenty of time this upcoming weekend to study for it!  Why did he give you detention?”