Trip

The five of us in a yellow, Volkswagen Campervan; though the interior is quite large, we were cramped and squished together with the multitudes of music equipment.

The music player was blasting out David Bowie's Suffragette City and like the Indie Band we were, screaming and dancing along, we were young, wild and free.

Ells turned round to me, the scent of booze lingering while she was screaming at me.

"I'M SO FUCKING EXCITED! OH MY FUCKING GOD CASEY THIS IS THE BEST THING I'VE EVER DONE!" she was shouting wildly and I was laughing with her, the bassist leaned closer to me, her eyes dancing like fire and her gap teeth shining at me.

Ells held onto my shoulders and pushed her face into my own, our lips crashing furiously.

As our lips were locked, the wild jeers of the other three guys, echoed around the van but only a faint yell as if coming from a mile away.

The chorus hit and David's singing rang out in my ears, the faint taste of the beer tinting Ells lips.

They were a bright red and velvety soft, her dark brown eyes closed and her pale face, so close to my probably red one.

I could hear Jack yelling something stupid at me and I lifted my arm in a fist and flicked my middle finger up at him briefly, before wrapping my arms around her slim body.

Her body pushed onto mine, our kiss growing more passionate and furious as the song died down.

It felt like an eternity, the song wouldn't last and we were stuck there, our lips locked.

I could hear the shutter of a camera and the following processing noises as the polaroid produced itself in Max's hands, shaking it to produce the snapshot.

The song finished and the intro to Bodysnatchers started playing and we pulled away, the alcohol and cherry red lipstick resting on my lips.

Her eyes fluttered open, revealing her deep brown eyes and mine, pale green and shy pierced hers.

We burst into laughter, our arms wrapping round each other, I didn't understand what happened but I know what we have is no longer a simple friendship.