30. Confrontation

Harry's POV

I never could've thought that just a few words could cause me so much pain but they did. I had been putting off, reading the letter for quite a few days now. I was scared of what I'd find in it. I desperately wanted to see her. But somehow, I knew she wouldn't come. Not because I thought she didn't care but because I knew her. I knew that she would've been blaming herself for what happened to me.

I knew it because she was willing to sacrifice herself for my safety. Because I could see, she was torn between feeling relieved for having me by her side and worrying for my safety. I knew because her eyes so clearly explained to me what her tongue was incapable of explaining. Maybe, because she didn't allow it or maybe because she was too scared.

One thing, I was always sure of, there was no braver woman than her. For she had gone through things that most people would never survive, yet she gave me hope. Hope for another day. A better day. I took a brave step for her. But the truth is, it wasn't brave of me. In fact, I was weak and scared, too scared of losing the woman I loved with every fibre of my being. Too scared of losing the woman who inspired me, when so many people told me I inspired them.

But it was breaking me now, to know that she was slowly slipping away from me.

To the boy who's given me countless happy moments,

Harry, Thank you. It doesn't suffice but I'll be forever grateful for everything. For being there when I had no one.

I'm sorry for we might never see each other again. That too, would never suffice but I apologise in hopes that you'd find in your heart of gold, to forgive me.

Before you argue, I assure you that it is in our best interest.

Praying for your speedy recovery,
Sapphie

This is what that piece of paper enclosed. Being shot and almost dying didn't hurt as much. That, I'm sure of. Yes, I wanted to argue. I didn't agree that it was in our best interest. Maybe it was, only if she wanted me to die slowly and painfully. But that isn't what she wants because she's praying for me to recover.

I was upset, angry and heartbroken but if there's one thing I had learnt from life, it was to never give up fighting for what you truly love. I hadn't given up before and I wasn't going to start now. A part of me wanted to blame her, yell at her for even thinking about this. But I couldn't. She worried about others too much for this to have been a selfish act.

So I decided to fight. I had been discharged from the hospital two days ago. And right now, I was outside the palace, sitting in my car in the passenger's seat with that damned piece of paper crumpled in the pocket of my jeans. Liam looked at me, unsure.

"Mate, you sure you want to do this? You haven't properly healed yet. You need to rest." He tried to stop me but for me, there was no going back.

She might not want to see me but I did. I'd spent these last few days in hopes that she'd get some sense knocked into her and come to see me. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. So I had to do the only thing that I could, I'd pay her a visit myself.

"I'm a hundred percent sure of this." I replied, staring into the distance.

I had access to the palace, of course. After all, I was Princess Amelia's boyfriend. I rolled my eyes at the thought. I knew I'd be let in.

"Harry," Liam sighed, "I know you love her but seriously mate?! She's the bloody princess of England! The cousin of your supposed 'girlfriend'. What are you going to tell her?! What makes you think you'll even get to see her after everything." He said exasperatedly. He was worried for me.