11. Warm up

Harry's P.O.V.

I drove back to the party. I felt angry about what had happened. I meant it when I told Sapphira, it wasn't her fault. They almost killed her. God knows what would've happened if she hadn't told me she couldn't swim or if I hadn't walked back into the backyard on time.

By the time I got back home, most of the people had already left. Which was great because I was no longer in a mood for party.

As I walked back into my home, I saw Louis, Liam and Sophia sitting on the couch. Louis was drunk and had no idea what he was talking about. Liam and Sophia seemed sober.

Sophia said,
"Harry, how's Sapphira? Is she okay?"

"I guess."

Liam spoke up,
"Harry, and you?"

"I'm fine, Liam.", I said. I was exasperated.

Soon after, they all left and the house was empty.

I ran a hand through my hair. I can't believe she almost died because of some stupid people at my party. What the hell was I thinking inviting her to a bloody party?! I know she isn't the partying kind. It's not her fault she's unique. She doesn't even realize how special she is. I was awful to see her cry because she felt the need to be like all these people. It's like she's degrading herself. She's better. She felt uncomfortable and had to hear rude things from people, she absolutely did nothing to.

What is wrong with people?

I should've been there. I sighed. This is what I was always afraid of. I don't want her to have to deal with my world. It isn't all glitter and gold as it appears. Not that she's the one to run after glitter and gold anyway.

I have to keep her away from all these people and the media. If she comes near them, it's as clear as the light of day that she'll eventually get hurt. She isn't used to all this. She shouldn't have to. Not because of me.

This wasn't supposed to be different. This wasn't supposed to be so hard. I just don't understand this. I find the need to protect her. I just do. She's too fragile.

But, she's my friend. I can't just abandon her. I know she trusts me. I could see that when I dropped her off.

Maybe I should just sleep it off? I might feel better tomorrow.

Sapphira's P.O.V.

I had quite an eventful night. I changed into my PJ's and brushed my teeth before falling into the arms of my lover. My bed.

I tried to sleep but the events of the night kept replaying in my head. Yes, I still didn't feel like myself but having Harry by my side was a relief.

I would've been a few feet under the ground by now if that guy didn't exist. Thank God for Harry Styles.

He's a great guy. I honestly don't understand why the media likes to make things up about him. He's been nothing but nice to me since the day we met.

I smiled at the thought that I had him as my friend. The night wasn't even that bad.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I was dressed in a white floral dress, a cardigan and knee high boots. I was done with my classes for the day and I had nothing to do. It's been three days since the party. I hadn't talked to Harry ever since. I decided to text him.

I picked up my phone and saved his contact as Harry instead of Dusty.

Sapphira: Hey Curly! How are you? Busy?