8. Friends

Sapphira's P.O.V

When we reached his house, he announced, "We're here."

The house was beautiful. The shades were a very dark brown color and the walls were painted a lighter shade of brown. The front yard was adorned with flowers and a bird house. A black Range Rover occupied the garage. The house was simple yet elegant.

He walked up to the front door and unlocked it. I followed him and he invited me inside.

He showed me Dusty's basket and said, "You can leave him there."

After, I set the cute ,sleeping kitten into it's basket, Harry gestured me to take a seat on one of his fine leather couches.

I was in the living room. It was decorated in grays and blacks. A large flat screen television adorned one wall and a number of family photos adorned another on it's left. At the back was a kitchen and the right wall lead to a hallway.

Harry took a seat on another couch and said,
"Would you fancy a cup of tea, Sapphira?"

"On one condition."

Harry smiled and said, "And what's that?"

"I'll help you make the tea."

"Sure." He gestured me to follow him to the kitchen.

He filled the kettle and waited for the water to boil. He pointed at a cabinet and said,
"Do you mind getting the cups out?"

I opened the cabinet and placed two cups on the shelf and out tea bags into them.

He made a few awful jokes and I laughed anyway.

Harry poured the boiling water into the cups and added sugar.

When the tea was ready, Harry took both the cups back to the living room.
I followed him.

We sat back on the couch and he placed one cup on the coffee table in front of me.

"I'm pretty sure you'll like the tea since I wasn't the only one who made it." He joked.

"I'm sure the tea will be great. Actually, better than the usual. Since, I helped."

He chuckled.

We sipped on our tea in silence. Turns out, the tea really tasted great.

After a while, Harry broke the silence.

"Sapphira, I have a party at my place this weekend. It would be really nice if you come." He looked at me hopefully.

I don't know what Aunt Tori would think about it.

"Harry, I don't promise to be there but I'll try to come." I said with a sincere smile. I couldn't say no.

"Okay. You can have my number and let me know of you decide to come."

We exchanged numbers and a few minutes later, I decided to leave. I forgot, I had to see Zara and Cass in the evening. They're going to kill me.

"Goodbye, Harry!"

"Goodbye, Sapphira."

I checked my phone after leaving Harry's place and found Zara's text about meeting her at the cafe at 4:00 pm. Which meant, I still had about fifteen minutes. I can make it to the cafe in fifteen minutes, I guess.

I reached the cafe and took a deep breath. I'll need this if I'll be meeting my very hyper friend Cassandra and understanding and sweet Zara. I saw them sitting at a table outside the cafe. I walked up to them and said,