7. Dusty

Sapphira's P.O.V.

I woke up at 6:00 am. That's my usual time to wake up. My very strict teacher, Alexa scolds me if I'm late and then I'm stuck with extra lessons. I absolutely despise the extra lessons so I usually choose to be on time.

I went to the bathroom, took a quick shower, brushed my teeth and got back to my room where Anastasia had my breakfast set up on my desk. I greeted her and then she helped me choose an outfit for the day.

We decided on a white knit jumper, blue skinny jeans and a pair of brown boots which came up to a little under my knees. While choosing the outfit, Anastasia kept telling me to eat my breakfast before it was cold. So I started eating after choosing the outfit, I didn't even realise I was starving.

I dressed up for the day, blow dried my hair and pulled it up into a pony tail. I grabbed my glasses and made my way to the dining room. That's where Alexa was.

Learning to drink tea, balancing three books on my head so I could walk straight and an hour long piano lesson later, I finally sighed in relief. I had already taken the classes for today which means no more worrying about being late or getting scolded. Yay! Alexa was a bit angry because I was five minutes late. Yes, five minutes! The world could've ended. Okay, maybe not. Her anger lead to her wanting me to take all the classes one after the other. Which was awful but I'm glad I'm free to do whatever I like, now.

I should go and visit mum and dad. I grabbed my jacket and my bag and said goodbye to aunt Tori with a kiss on her cheek.

The weather was cold but pleasant, not too cold. The walk to my tree mostly consisted of me humming a soft tune to myself and watching the beautiful shapes the clouds had to offer. This was what I liked, just doing....yeah whatever I was doing.

People would call me an introvert but I feel like I don't usually fit in. I like spending time alone, it allows me to think. Yes, for a person like me, thinking is the best use of time. I can think about things to write in my journal, about people who need help, about a way to spread kindness and so much more.

My journal is also my best friend. It has my thoughts. It doesn't question me about anything, it just allows me to let it all out.

After fifteen minutes of walking, I finally reached my destination.

I looked up at the tall tree which stood in all it's green glory and grinned.

"Hey mom, hey dad!"

I took a few steps further and took a seat on the large rock. I crossed my legs and made myself as comfortable as one could make themselves on a rock.

"Guess what? I feel happy today." I chuckled.

"I guess it's my happy day!"

"Nahh! Just kidding! Basically, I'm done with my lessons for the day and I feel free. Yay!" I said with a sheepish grin.

"Okay, you two, I'm gunna do some writing now. My journal misses me."

I opened my bag and pulled out my journal. I looked happily at it and then pulled out my pen.

I started writing into it. I was working on a poem earlier, which I needed to complete. I was deep in thought with the tip of my pen in my mouth when I heard a rustling sound. I turned around. It was coming from the bushes on my right.

What could it be? I don't think there's any wild animals in this area. Did someone or something need help?

I carefully jumped down the rock and tip-toed to the bush. I moved the leaves and branches out of the way only to have a kitten jump out. I was startled. My widened eyes looked at the fluffy creature. My pulse started slowing once I realised it was just a harmless little creature.