17. Late

Song for the chapter
Waiting for Superman - Daughtry

Harry's POV

I was so happy. I had been excited all day. I'd finally get to see Sapphira. I won't do anything that would attract media attention, I'll be careful. I hadn't been answering her calls and texts lately. I didn't want us to be so close. I thought this was for the best. I was back in London and I was just about to get into a car when I saw a man reading a newspaper.

The words that caught my attention were,
Famous businessman Derek Anderson's daughter Cassandra Anderson shot dead

Cassandra Anderson. I had heard this name before. Not in the newspaper. This was the name of one of Sapphira's friends.

"Excuse me, sir. Can I see this newspaper for a second, please?"

He nodded and handed me the newspaper. I was too worried to thank him.

I took the newspaper and read the article and saw a picture of Cassandra to the side. I was right. It was her. My eyes widened.

I quickly returned the newspaper and mumbled a quick thanks. I ran to the car. I had to get to Sapphira as soon as I could. I was such an idiot.

I should've talked to her. I don't know what she's been going through.

I called her.

No answer.

I kept calling her again and again in hopes that she'd answer. Not that I think she should, after what I've done. After I've been ignoring her when I was supposed to tell her about everything that happened on tour. When I wanted to tell her everything. When she needed support.

I don't even know how she's dealing with this. She was really close to Cassandra and Zara. Now, one of them is dead and I don't know if the other one is in a condition good enough to be there for Sapphira.

I kept pleading the chauffeur to drive faster despite being aware of the speed limit. I didn't mind a speeding ticket right now. All I cared about was getting to Sapphira. I had already been too late and I didn't want it to get later than it was.

I had given the chauffeur, Sapphira's address and had told him to take me there.

We stopped at the gate and I stumbled out of the car. I asked the guard to let me in, it was the same guy who let me in, the last time so he knew I was friends with Sapphira.

He said that Sapphira had left about fifteen minutes ago. I didn't know where she was. I raked my fingers through my head exasperatingly. Where are you Sapphira?

Yes!

There's only one place that she can be at, in a situation like this.

Sapphira's POV

I sat on the rock, listening to all the voices around me. The chirping of birds, the sound of running water far away. That seemed to be the only thing I was capable of. But, I couldn't push Zara's voice out of my head.

Every time I thought about it, I wanted to scream and cry and vanish.

I stared at the ground, my palms sweaty and my heart beat, fast. I had been staring at the ground a lot lately.