Chapter 3:Getting Free

Dylan's P.O.V.
Ugh. My head feels like someone bashed it into a brick wall. I feel cold. So cold. I try to open my eyes. For a second I get scared because they won't open. But then they do and the only thing I see is blue. I make sure to close my mouth to not lose any air. My seatbelt is unbuckled. I look around and almost let my air out. I can see the spirit of every person who died on this plane. You see, ever since I was five, I've had the ability to see ghosts. Usually I would love to help a ghost cross over to the other side. Whatever the hell that is, but a plane full of 99 dead people?. That's too much for any medium to take on. I look through the crowd of spirits to see whose dead and who isn't. So far, I haven't seen, the blue haired twin girls, the blonde haired twin boys, the green haired girl and the ten year old boy. I look for Eval's spirit, but see none. I realize that we're the only ones alive...and we have to get out of here before we die too. I unbuckle Eval's seatbelt. He falls forward. I grab his shoulders and shake him as hard as I can. His eyes snap open, I can see the fear in his eyes. He eyes focus on me and he relaxes a little. I point to the green haired girl, the blue and the blonde haired twins and the young blonde boy. I place my hand over my heart and move it over and over again in the way a heart beats. His eyes widen in realization. He swims away from his seat and heads over to the seat with the blonde ten year old. He places him on his back. He goes over to the green haired girl. He picks her up and wraps one of his arms around her waist. Once he has her secured, I make my way to one of the blonde twins. I wrap my arm around his waist and lift him out of his seat. I turn around and see that Eval has the other blonde twin, his arm around his waist. I swim towards one of the blue haired twins and get the twin on the left. I look at the other twin and feel a pang in my chest knowing that we can't take her yet. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Eval swim out of one of the plane's windows and head to the surface. I take one last look at the blue haired twin and make my way towards the window. I swim towards the surface as fast as I can. We burst out the ocean like dolphins. I take a few minutes to catch my breath. I look around for land, I see one that isn't that far a swim from here. I turn to Eval and say," we have to swim to that island over there, ok?". Breathless, he says," ok" and starts swimming. I swim as fast as I can carrying two people. Soon we make it to the island. We place their bodies on the sand and check their heartbeats. They're all still beating. I remember the other blue haired twin. I turn to Eval and say," they probably have water in their lungs, give them mouth to mouth, I'm going to get the other twin girl". Before he can protest, I jump back in the water and swim down as fast as my legs can carry me. I spot the wreckage and go through the window. Ignoring the ghosts, and their coldness, I make my way over to the blue haired twin. I wrap my arm around her waist tight. Suddenly the plane shakes a little. I hear a creak and look up. The plane is folding in on itself, it's gonna drop down to the bottom of the sea any second. I swim out the window, I feel a something cold wrap against my left ankle. I dare a glance down and see an old wrinkled hand wrap around it, tugging it down. The plane shakes, this time with much more force. I kick my leg free and swim out the window. And just in time too, I can hear the plane, shaking as it falls to the bottom of the ocean. I come up to the surface, gasping for air. I swim towards the island. I let go of the girl's waist and let her fall gently on the sand. I see that Eval has passed out. My vision gets blurry, I crawl on my hands and knees. My body feels so heavy. I fall down on the sand. My eyes close once, then twice. As they're closing for a third time, I whisper," somebody,help us, please". I blackout.