Chapter 1:Boarding

Dylan's P.O.V. *10 days before*
My mom says," oh honey, your brother and I are going to miss you so much. Please be careful". My Mom releases me from her tight hug. My older brother David walks over to me and hugs me too. He says into my hair," see ya, squirt, be good". I hug him back and say," can't make any promises". We separate. David has black hair like mine. So does my Mom. Except when I was 14, I dyed my hair red. Not completely red, just large pieces of my hair. I dyed it red because red is the color of fury. The color when you're mad at something or someone. I was mad when my dad died last year. I'm 15, David's 17.Last month I got an invitation to go to New York city to be a police officer's assistant. Which means I can go view crime scenes, sit on interrogations with a criminal, and go to the coroner's office. Which is what I want to do more than anything. Even if it means leaving California for four weeks. My Mom grips my arms and says," promise me you'll call every week, ok?that you'll give us updates on how your doing". I smile and say," I promise Mom". I hug her one more time. A women's voice announces," Flight 469 to New York city is now boarding, I repeat, Flight 469 to New York city is now boarding". I hug my Mom and David one more time before boarding my flight. Once I'm on the plane, I go to my seat, 4A and sit down. I look around at the passengers. I see two twin boys with blonde hair, and a blonde boy who looks about ten years old. I see a girl with dark green hair. And I see two twin girls with dark blue hair.While I'm wondering weather or not the twin girls had dyed their hair like that or been born that way, a guy about my age takes a seat next to me. He has black hair and a gray hoodie.He sticks out his hand and says," hi, I'm Eval Maine, you going to NYC?". I'm looking at him, trying to see if I heard him pronounce his name right. I say," Evil? Your names Evil? My name's Dylan Asher". He looks at me and laughs, I stare at him, wondering if I did anything wrong. He stops laughing and says," sorry, it's just, you said my name wrong. Eval. Like the letter E and a brides vail. Eval". He smiles at me. My mouth forms a little O shape. I say," sorry, didn't mean to call you that". He laughs again and says," it's fine Dylan, you looked like you were thinking about something, what was it?". I point to the blue haired twin girls and tell him," Just wondering if they were born with that hair or did they dyed it". Eval takes one look at the twins and says full of serious," I think they dyed it". We look at each other and crack up. Once we get our breath back I ask him," if you don't mind me asking, how old are you and why are you going to NYC?". He says," I'm 15 and I'm going because last month I got an invitation to go to New York city to be a police officer's assistant. I know another person got one too.". I can feel my eyebrows disappear into my hair, my mouth drops open and I say," you got one two? So did I. Last month. I guess I'm your competition.". He smiles at me, wiggles his fingers and says," may the best one win". I grip his hand which he hasn't put down,shake it and say," may the best man win". The plane starts to move and soon we're up in the air.