21.5

[twenty one & a half]

they had just paid the ihop bill when jackson got a phone call from mark. he fumbled to pick it up, knowing that mark was back at the condo along with nana and nari. he wanted to hear anything eventful.

"yah, mark," jackson grinned when he answered. "why'd you make me leave with them when i knew i would miss something fun?"

bambam tried to listen in on the conversation but jackson shoved him away. jackson heard mark's heavy breathing on the other line and rose an eyebrow.

"what's going on?......mark?"

"jackson," mark finally panted. "it's nari— we can't find her anywhere. she didn't tell us she was leaving and her phone is still here."

jackson's eyes widened, a sense of urgency making its way from the tip of his toes to the top of his head.

"i'm on my way."

"wait, jackson," mark stopped him and jackson listened closely. "don't tell anyone what happened. just get here quickly. alone."

he didn't have time to question mark's orders. jackson hung up the phone and picked up his jacket, bolting for the door.

"yah! yah!" jaebum yelled after him.

"where are you going?" jinyoung asked.

"i left something at home, go see the movie without me!" jackson called over his shoulder.

his legs pushed him the fastest he'd ever ran and his eyes searched desperately for a taxi.

finally, a yellow and black cab came in sight and jackson raced towards it, opening the back door swiftly.

"the condos on fifty first and north street," jackson told the driver.

the man nodded, glancing back at jackson for a moment.

"and please," jackson handed the man a twenty dollar bill. "make it quick."

finally, the man stepped on the gas, forcing the cab to jolt forward. jackson held on to the head of the passenger seat, not bothering to buckle his seatbelt, a determined look on his face as he watched the road.

in no time, the cab was still, waiting in the long line of cars to get inside of the gated condo complex.

"i'll get out here," jackson tossed the driver another twenty and swung open the car door, jumping out.

again, jackson was sprinting wildly, the wind whipping his bleached hair and drying his eyes. when the condo was visible jackson picked up his speed, urgently maneuvering through the front door.

"nari-yah!" jackson called, completely out of breath.

an obnoxious staticky noise filled the dark house and jackson covered his ears.

"it was fun to play all those pranks on us, wasn't it, you two?" a familiar voice greeted jackson and he identified it to be mark's.

"now it's our turn to do something fun," it was nana speaking. "good luck."

jackson groaned, falling to his knees.

"what kind of prank is this?" he yelled angrily.

the staticky noise continued though mark and nana's voices had stopped.

jackson's heart was beating rapidly in fear for nari. he knew she didn't do well with loud noises or anything scary at all. he pictured her grinning face, happy and watching the sunrise or admiring something so basic that jackson could only pay attention to her and her sparkling eyes. then, he imagined her encompassed in the dark, face contorted in absolute terror; his heart ached.

"nari!" jackson called.

where would two revenge seeking people hide a girl who loves to live and to see things live? where would two revenge seeking people hide a girl that climbs up to the roof every day to marvel at the world?

they'd put her underground.

jackson stood to his feet, glaring into the darkness. he made his way to the basement door and tore it open.

immediately, he heard the sound of muffled sobbing over the awful static.

"nari," he clambered down the steps, his eyes adjusting to the dark quickly, revealing the silhouette of a girl sitting in a chair.

once again, he fell to his knees. he was still for a moment, before her. he reached up and held her face in his hands, feeling the gag tied around her. he tugged at it carefully and nari hung her sullen head.

"jackson-ah, thank you," she choked out.

jackson nodded. he wanted to embrace her but she was bound to the uncomfortable looking chair underneath her. jackson went to work untangling her, casting away her bondage.

"you're alright now, nari," he wrapped his arms around her, petting her hair with his hand.

she nuzzled her head into the crook of his neck, tightly hugging his waist. nari screwed her eyes shut, the tip of her nose against jackson's jugular. he'd lit up the room for her.

[a/n]

this is cute

but now how do i redeem mark and nana..........

eh, theyre the evil couple anyway

vote! vote! vote! for who you think deserves some chapters!

- luna