(Spring) Chapter 3

Start from the beginning

Hinako eyes at Gil. "You called me a 'mongrel' again! And this is my business because you dragged me into this!" She raises her voice, as well.

"Fool! You think I'd let you go easily? I know that you'll tell that crazy woman where I am," Gil yells back.

"What?!" Hinako was shell-shocked, earning a slight shocked expression from the man in front of her. "Why would I tell you on someone who is crazily chasing after you?! It's not my business to get in your way, so I have no complete reason to tell on you!"

"How should I know?! Do I even know you? You're just a freshman who doesn't know how to respect her senior," Gil spats, clicking his tongue in annoyance.

"Why would I even respect you when you're wrongly treating other people like this?! Have you no sense of morality?!"

"The hell did you say to me?!"

"I mean what I say! You are a mean person, Douji-senpai. You think that people will obey you due to your authoritative way of talking? Guess again, you heartless person," Hinako said before releasing Gil from her grip and opens the door with brute force, walking towards the staircase and picking up the scattered hand-outs.

Gil follows Hinako and stood right in front of her, three steps above her. "You dare call me that?! I'll have you know that I am the richest and most powerful person in this school. Your attitude won't be so forgiven easily!"

Hinako carries the hand-outs and eyes at her senior. "I'm not even asking you to forgive me for my attitude. Also, if you're the most powerful person here, then why aren't you the student council president? It would have been easy for you to bag that position by using your riches, right?"

Gil was taken back with Hinako's words. She turns around and descends the stairs, a pain-stricken expression on her face.

"You're no king. You don't have the right to talk like that," Hinako says softly before disappearing from Gil's sight.

The student council's vice president was extremely furious. He uncontrollably punched the wall near him, very flustered.

In Classroom 1-A, Hinako managed to give everyone the hand-outs for classic literature later. As she got her copy, she exhaustingly sat on her own chair and released a sigh.

"Hey, Suzuhana-san!" Upon seeing her friend with a tired expression, worry washes over Marie. "You look tired and quite flustered. Did something happen?"

Hinako looks up to her friend and tried to pull a small smile. "No, nothing happened," then, an image of Gil's authoritative face flashed inside her mind. She jumped up and slammed her hands on her desk. "What is up with that arrogant and selfish senior?!"

Marie was shocked, backing out a few steps. "U-Uh, Hinako-chan?"

April 6, 2016 - Lunchtime

"What? You crossed paths with Douji-senpai again?" Marie asks in disbelief as she was eating some rice.

"Bad start of the day, huh?" Fūrin comments as he took a bite from his apple.

"Very," Hinako said in an exhausted tone, munching on some onigiri. "His superior-feeling attitude cracks up my nerves. I hate people like him."

"Why are you so bent up on people like that anyways, Hinacchi?" Fūrin asks as he looks at Hinako.

The brown-headed woman lowers the onigiri she was holding. She looks at the floor and remembered something quite traumatizing.

"You pigs have no right to be in my establishment. You are fired from work and don't come back." A woman with yellow hair, wearing round glasses, said, looking down at a brown-headed woman in her late thirties.

A little Hinako was standing in front of an exhausted mother who won't wake up even though how many times she wakes her up.

"Mom...?"

And that's when she realized that her mother's body became lifeless.

"Hinacchi?"

Hinako returns to reality and was met by the worried faces of Marie and Fūrin.

"Suzuhana-san?"

"I... I'm okay. I just remembered something unpleasant," Hinako said as she places a hand over forehead.

Marie and Fūrin looked at each other with a worried look.

April 6, 2016 - After School

At the student council room...

"I'm going on ahead," says Gil, who was by the door and ready to leave.

"Sure. Thanks for the hard work today, Gil!" Itsuka said with an energetic voice.

"Yes, thank you. We'll go over these a bit more," Asura said, holding a couple of papers.

"Yeah, yeah, see you tomorrow," Gil said as he waves his right hand dismissively before opening the door and left the student council room.

"So, should we pick the candidates?" Asura said, holding up the papers she was holding at Itsuka. "There are a lot of students who are perfect to fill the vacancy for student council representatives."

"Hmm... No matter how much I look, I still think that that first year, Suzuhana Hinako, is better-suited for the job," Itsuka said as he scratches his head while looking at other students' profiles. "She looks hard-working and can keep Gil in place with his attitude."

"It's not just about keeping him in place, Itsuka. It's about looking for students with a good set of leadership skills that can replace us next year," Asura said, reading some of the profiles.

"Yes, you are right," he scratches the back of his head. "But can you look for her profile? I want to see it."

"Sure," Asura rummages through some of the profiles from the boxes that are scattered around the student council room. After a few seconds of searching, she finally finds that certain person's profile. "Here it is. Let's see..."

As Itsuka and Asura analyzes Hinako's profile, they were shocked. Their eyes stumbled on one part of the profile - the 'History' section.

What did Asura and Itsuka find so shocking about Hinako?

To be continued: (Spring) Chapter 4