The End.

hi

haha you guys know its serious when i leave such a short A/N

(;

*~*~*

I think it's obvious which one I chose.

I walked towards the Marauders during Dinner, cringing once they looked up at me, in surprise.

"Gracelyn? Gracelyn Dumbledore?"

I bit my lip and nodded.

"It's been four months, Gracelyn,"

"Um... I- I go by Gracie still," I whispered.

"Right," James said, glancing at Sirius, who just stared at his food the whole time, "So what is it that you need?"

"I just wanted to tell you guys that um... I had to make a decision. Four months ago, I was told I was going to die in around three months. It's been four months, and it's quite clearly time. I was given two options; I could die now and let everyone know, or stretch my life out as long as possible but die unexpectedly,"

Sirius looked up immediately, with a faint moisture in his eyes. I looked away and closed my eyes, not wanting to see them cry.

"Ah," James said quietly.

I turned back and saw them, nearly crying but clearly holding back.

"I- I think I know which one you chose," said Sirius, who looked the most affected.

"Yeah," I murmured.

"Are there any symptoms?"

"No... I just wanted to tell you guys to that you'd know. Please, when I die, don't cry over me," I muttered.

"No guarantees," Remus said, and laughed lightly through the tears.

"I'll see you guys one day, eventually..."

"Yeah," Sirius said, and then suddenly looked towards Tanya.

Of course. Even as I told him I was going to die, whether it was today, tomorrow, a week, a month, he just can't help but think about Tanya.

"Gracie, can I talk to you out in the corridor?" He said, looking hopefully at me.

I gulped and nodded. As we stepped out, he suddenly turned and pushed me gently against the wall.

"Gracie Dumbledore," He whispered, leaning closer, "I don't care how much time you have left- an hour, a day, a week, a month, all I know is that I've realized I want to spend it with you," He buried his head in my neck, murmuring it against my skin.

"Tanya?" I breathed.

"I don't care about Tanya," He said quietly, "She's annoying,"

He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

I can't do this. He's with Tanya, and has been for the longest time. He could've been with me for the past four months had he not dated her, I think.

I push him away carefully, and pat his shoulder.

"Sorry, Sirius," I said, faking sympathy, "Should've said that four months ago,"

"But Gracie," He said, now practically begging, "I didn't know. I want to spend this time with you, together, as a couple, without me having to hide my feelings when I'm with Tanya," He spat her name at the end, and I sighed.

"Sirius, how do I know this isn't just you under the control of Tanya, trying to break my heart?"

"Honey," He whispered, "Would I really  break your heart in the circumstances?"