Love is Dangerous

I remember telling him. But he just couldn't listen, could he? No. I told him and he didn't listen and that resulted in his death.

"Joshua, don't go to that game," I warned him.

But no. He shook his head. His girlfriend, Trisha, would be there. And when he went to that game for her and they saw him?

They killed him.

And I hoped he remembered my words.

Love is Dangerous, Joshua, I told him.

But he didn't listen.

I woke up with a start, the memory surfacing. I gasped for breath, trying to push it back down into the depths of my mind, where I kept all the memories of him. But it was like someone was trying to torture me. The memory kept resurfacing, even I pushed with all my might. Joshua.

 I sobbed. It was a dry sob, yes, but it was filled with sorrow. Even now I couldn't forget Joshua. I've tried, but Joshua was one of those people you just couldn't forget.

I stood from my bed and walked to the bathroom, washing my face and looking in the mirror. I felt as though I was going crazy. Joshua.

The name brought another sob, and I had to clutch the sink to keep myself from falling. Something was wrong with me. It was never this strong. The spell usually didn't fade for at least two years. I took a steadying breath and looked back at the mirror.

And then, all at once, the memories came back. The memories of hiding, of sorrow, of not knowing who to trust.

It was all too much. I guess this is what happens when you try to slow down something you know will eventually happen. It'll just come back to you all at once.

Love is dangerous. Love is dangerous. Love is dangerous.

Joshua was trying to torment me. He knew of my guilt. He was the only one I had ever told. But why was he trying to torment me?

You should've kept me. You should've kept me. You should've kept me.

I gasped and clutched my head as more memories that I hadn't even known about came flooding back. Ones so far in my mind, I had even forgotten them. I fell to the ground, my head pounding. Everything was getting slightly blurry when Lily and Sirius came bursting in the door. Sirius yelled something, but I couldn't make it out.

I couldn't even wonder how Sirius had even gotten up here before I was being rushed down the stairs. I forced myself to stay conscious. I don't know why- I just felt like I had to. All my energy was being drained, it felt.

I saw a misty figure in front of me. And then it turned clear and in color.

I immediately recognized the figure.

Black hair, brown eyes, and pale skin.

"Joshua?" I murmured, sounding far away.

He glared and then disappeared. I yelled out for him- I yelled for him to please forgive me. But I had no idea why.

"Gracie, Gracie," I heard a red-headed girl saying.

"Who are you?" I said sleepily.

The girl gave the boy carrying me a worried look.

"And who are you?" I giggled, poking the boy's nose.

"Sirius. I'm Sirius." He said, sounding hurt.

"Sirius.. I'm serious."

I burst into another fit of giggles. I tried to remember the boy's name, but, even though he had just told me, I couldn't remember.

"What's your name?" I laughed, pointing at the red-headed girl.

Somewhere, in the depths of my mind, I knew I was being insane. I knew I had to know their names. I knew who they were, and why this was happening.

But at the moment, all I could focus on was the pain I was feeling.

And then I burst out crying.

"JOSHUA!" I screamed. "JOSHUA!!"

He appeared next to me.

I could tell he was angry, but right now, all he seemed to be was worried. He placed a hand on my forehead and looked at the redhead and the boy. They didn't seem to be able to see him.

"JOSHUA!" I screamed again, writhing in the boy's arms.

I kept screaming his name, even when my throat felt completely raw and there was a woman in front of me, with a bottle of liquid.

I realized I was laying on a bed. But I still kept screaming for Joshua.

"JOSHUA!"

Once I screamed again, I realized what I sounded like.

My voice was laced with loss, pain, sorrow, and want.

And then he appeared again, right next to me.

"Joshua," I whispered, reaching out to touch him.

He shook his head gently, so I pulled my hand back. My head still hurt and everything felt as though it were on fire, but I could think relatively straight now.

"What's happening to me," I murmured to him and the boy standing above me, who I now recognized as Sirius.

"Gracie," He said urgently. "I need you to let go."

"Of what?"

"Of the memories. Of Joshua."

I shook my head. I couldn't let go of Joshua.

"Gracie! Do it now!"

I thought of all the great times I had with Joshua, before Trisha. The kisses we had shared, the laughs we had together, the games we played.

And I forced myself to let go, knowing that it could never be the same. As I did, I felt everything clear. My vision, my thoughts, my voice.

When I looked next to me, where Joshua had laid, he was gone.

Love is dangerous.

*~*~*

Such an emotional chapter. At least for me. I nearly cried. But I never seem to cry at books.. I wonder why.

For all of you who are confused, eventually you'll find out everything.

This book probably will only go to chapter 30, and will most likely not have a sequel.

so yeah.

BYEE