Quidditch Tryouts

It's November fourth, and I'm nervous.

Way to state the obvious, Gracie. Anyone would be nervous on Quidditch Tryouts.

Literally after ages, it's my turn to go. For beater. As the bludger gets smacked towards me, I do a flip on my broom and, standing on my broom, smack it with my beaters bat. It hits the person I was aiming for square in the face.

Me, being myself, did a fist pump in the air.

"YES!"

My cheering stops, though, once I realize that the person I had aimed for was Sirius Black.

Thank you for giving me this moment to laugh my head off.

Oh, wait. That's bad. I aimed for someone, and even though I had no idea who it was, I still hit the bludger.

Sorry, Sirius Black.

"WHAT WAS THAT FOR?" He screams, clutching his nose.

"Oh nothing, just for being such a jerk to me." I said dismissively, as if it were nothing.

He glared at me and sped away on his broom, causing me to laugh.

"Over dramatic twit." I muttered.

I then tried out for Chaser, which I also excelled at.

And then Seeker.

And then Keeper.

Basically, I did wonderfully on all of them. Life's good, my friends. Very good.

*~*~*

"Alright, Gracie. I don't know where to put you, seeing as you did perfect on all of them," James told me a few days later, "But I've decided on seeker, and you can be a substitute for the other positions."

"Sounds good with me, James." I shrugged, stalking off to go find an owl or something to poke.

"WAIT! Gracie!"

"WHAT?"

"How are you so good at all of the positions?"

Oh no.

You just had to ask that question, didn't ya, James?

"Practice." I said lamely.

I deserve an Oscar for that one.

The amount of sarcasm in that one sentence blows my mind.

Another thing that blows my mind is that James actually expects me to tell him the truth.

HAHAHAHAHA

No.

"Talk to you later, James. Or maybe not. It depends on how many people I've kidnapped and have to tend to." I said cheerfully, skipping off.

James had been much nicer to me the past few days. Probably because I was very interested in Quidditch.

Ugh, I need to stop being so awesome.

I bump into someone and dramatically fall to the ground, holding my chest where my heart is and screaming my head off.

"HELP ME! I'VE DIED!" I screamed, rolling around on the ground like a turtle on it's shell.

"Gracie, calm down." Sev's voice rang through my ears.\

"Oh. Hey Sev!" I exclaimed, getting up like nothing happened.

You saw nothing, my dears..

Insert evil laughter here.

"Hey, Gracie. How are you?"

"Oh I'm great. Smacked Sirius Black in the face with a bludger. Nothing new." I shrugged.

"You smacked Sirius Black in the face with a BLUDGER?" Sev practically screams.

"Yeah. His face isn't so pretty anymore." I shivered.

A grin breaks out on his face as he sprints to the Great Hall like his life depends on it.

For the love of pineapples, what's gotten into that boy?

Eh.

I stalk after him, but in a much faster pace. I'm hungry. Very hungry. Like, so hungry you have no idea.

Okay, I'm getting off track here. Back to what I'm doing now. Which is stalking Sev.

That sounded a lot creepier than I meant for it to be.

I enter the Great Hall and plop down next to Lily, throwing all the food I can onto my plate.

Sadly, some of my mashed potatoes gets into Sirius' eyes.

"OWW! SERIOUSLY, DUMBLEDORE? FIRST THE BLUDGER, AND NOW YOUR FLINGING POTATOES AT ME!"

"Calm down, Ms. Black. It's obvious I'm trying to kill you."

He glares at me.

Maybe it's the other way around.

Maybe he's trying to kill me.

I wouldn't be surprised, really. I'm annoying.

"Once again, calm down. It's all good." I said, trying to calm him down.

Black's mind works like mine. You have to do something rash to get him to calm down.

So you know what I did?

I flung more mashed potatoes at him.

"HAHAHA! YOUR FACE! OH MY GOSH!" I roar, laughing so hard I fall to the ground.

"You. Are. So. Dead. DUMBLEDORE!"

That gets me to shut up.

I stand up quickly and run out of the Great Hall, screaming my head off.

This guy can be scary when he wants to be. Haha, he's like a handsome monster dude who kills everyone in sight.

I'm so creative. I should've been in Ravenclaw or something.

Ugh, no. Me in Raveclaw? HAHAHAHAHAHA! That's funny, really. That's HILARIOUS.

There's no way.

No possible way.

Oh wait. I am technically in Ravenclaw. Haha, just let me take a second here to laugh at my own stupidity, because I'm just awe-

"AHHHHHH! GET OFF OF ME, BLACK!"

"APOLOGIZE FOR FLINGING POTATOES AT ME!"

"NEVER!"

He glares at me yet again and pulls something out of his pocket.

Oh, did I mention he pranked me earlier with some potion that makes you hyper?

Yeah, that's what happened to me.

"I have the antidote for the hyper potion." He smirks evilly.

Oh, this kid knows how to play dirty.

"Fine. Sorry."

He roars with laughter and runs off.

"HONESTLY, DUMBLEDORE! YOU NEED A COUNTER CURSE, NOT AN ANTIDOTE! AHAHAHAHH!"

I glare at him.

"WHAT'S THE COUNTER CURSE, BLACK?"

I easily catch up to him and grab his robe collar, slamming him against the wall and getting close to his face.

He stammers the counter curse and I smile, giving him a wink and skipping off.

Life is great, honestly.

Haha.