What's Going On, Gracie?

"Oh, Gracie," Sirius sighed from next to me. "What's going on?"

"I don't know Sirius," I said tiredly, putting my hand on my forehead, "I have no idea."

"Whose Jo-"

"Sirius," Lily hissed. "Shut up."

He glared at her but didn't complain as he leaned back into his seat.

"Gracie," Lily said gently, "I need you to tell me what happened."

"I don't know if I'm ready, Lils,"

"You're strong- of course you're ready."

I gave her a weak smile.

"I can't, Lily. It's a secret that cannot be told- you'd never understand the pain I felt, losing them all at once,"

"What are you talking about, Gracie?"

I shook my head suddenly and forced the memories back down. It probably wasn't the best idea, seeing as what just happened happened because I had kept everything a secret. But right now, I honestly didn't care. as long as it would numb the pain, even if only for a little while.

"Nothing, Lily. Nothing."

Lily let out a huff of annoyance.

"If you don't tell us anything, how are we supposed to help?"

I glared at her.

"How can you expect me just to spill out my feelings like that, after what just happened?"

Lily narrowed her eyes at me and stalked out, slamming the door behind her. I turned to Sirius who gave me a small smile.

"She'll come around eventually, Gracie. She's just worried."

I shrugged and stood up, only to feel a wave of nausea hit me. I immediately laid back down. Sirius looked at me sympathetically and got up from the chair by the hospital wing bed.

"I'll go bring you some breakfast, alright?"

"Thanks," I said, as he walked out the door.

But minutes after he left, I began to regret letting him leave. It took more effort to keep the memories down, and more effort to not break down. I gasped as more of the memories began to force their way through, but unlike last time, I managed to keep my cool.

"Alright," I whispered, "Deep breaths, Gracie."

I took a breath in and let it out after a few seconds. I kept doing that until Sirius came back, and instantly all of my thoughts were cleared. He had brought two plates.

"You can go out and eat with the rest, if you'd like," I told him.

Truth was, I didn't want him to to, but it's his choice.

Thank Merlin he shook his head.

"I don't think you should be alone. The rest are worried, but they know I'm here and they're a bit busy."

I sighed. "Aren't they always?"

"You get used to it."

"Usually you're the one next to them, pulling pranks and making people laugh."

"And you're usually right there next to us. I'm not going out there until you're healed and ready to go. Unless you need food. Or something else."

"Thank you, Sirius."

He smiled.

"What are bo- friends for?"

I didn't miss his slip up, but as he looked at me nervously, I decided not to comment on it.

"Well, normal friends aren't usually in the hospital wing twice a week,"

He rolled his eyes.

"I don't care where you are, Gracie. I'll always be there with you."

I sat up and pulled him into a hug.

"Sirius, I'm so lucky to have a friend like you."

"Yeah. Friend," He said, sounding a bit sad.

I pulled away from the hug and grinned.

"Okay, you need more rest now."

I huffed but nodded, and laid back down, closing my eyes.

"I'll always find my way back to you. Always."

It was the last thing I heard before I found myself drifting off to sleep. And, for some reason, it put a smile on my face.

*~*~*

I know, a short chapter. Don't hurt me, please.

Hopefully before the story ends I'll be able to have her talk about Joshua. It may take up a few chapters, I don't know, but Sirius and Gracie need to get together soon if I'm ending it at chapter 30.

Which, now, I probably won't because there's too many things to come and too many mysteries unsolved.

But for now, bye guys!!!

(btw I'm going by my middle name on Wattpad)

Byeeeee!

•Michelle