Chapter 31

Jude quickly regaining his composure said "Rutherford I want this area on lockdown. No one gets in here without my permission understood?"

Rutherford nodded and quickly exited the room. He radioed his security staff to put the area on lockdown. The guards came filing down the hallway with their weapons at the ready and set up a perimeter around the room. After the guards were in place Rutherford told them not to let anyone in without permission. He walked back to the room and told Jude "The area is locked down Sir."

"Ok, Rutherford good job. You can leave now while I question Mrs. Garvey."

Grumbling Rutherford left the room and stood outside. Jude turned back to face Megan and asked "So now that we have established you are a spy. How many of you are there?"

Megan smiled and replied "I wouldn't know we don't all meet up and have meetings about spying. We work in teams and are in contact with only the people in our designated area. Such as this area. I only know of the spies for this specific Mill. There are others out. There and other organizations."

Jude was surprised by her honesty and continued "So, you are working to take down this institution?'

"That is correct." Megan replied calmly. Jude noticed her calm and asked 

"Why are you so calm Mrs. Garvey?"

"Because Sir, the storm is coming." Megan replied with a smile.

"What storm?" Jude asked confused.

Smirking at Jude Megan continued "Oh the storm will be here soon I assume. You should've never upset her."

"Her?" Jude asked confused.

"Yes she has a special kind a hate for the Mill and when you get in her way you get destroyed." Megan replied darkly.

Jude's head was swirling as images raced in his mind "What did you say?"

"That the storm was coming." Replied Megan looking at Jude with curiosity.

"No not that she destr----"

#

The elevator doors opened up and Dr. Taylor led the way. They turned the corner and there were guards lined up blocking their path. There were only two guards standing in the hallway and they asked Dr. Taylor for identification. Nervously Dr. Taylor handed over his id badge and then they reached out for Joanie's. Joanie looked at Sal and smiled as she asked "Like old times?"

Sal nodded as they both slowly approached the guards. Reaching their hands out the guards were caught off guard when Joanie and Sal yanked their arms and pulled them to the ground. With both the guards onto the ground Sal and Joanie knocked them out using their tasers. They drug the two guards into a room and quickly moved on. Finding the next set of guards Joanie and Sal quickly took them out and tied them up. They finally reached the room where Rutherford was standing guard. Joanie whispered to Dr. Taylor "Stay here." The two of them walked closer to Rutherford without drawing attention to themselves. Rutherford looked other at them and asked "Hey who are you?"

"We were sent to check on the patient." Replied Sal as they drew closer to the man.

Hey reached for his weapon as the two were almost upon him. He pulled out his weapon and said "Stop!"

The two of them froze in their place as Rutherford aimed his weapon at them. They were inches away from the room and they could see a large man holding up a gun at Megan through the glass. The man stopped and turned around to face the two figures standing outside of the room. Jude stared into the eyes of the woman outside and she stared back at him. He squinted his eyes and walked closer to the glass. His mind was swirling with images and voices. He was trying to concentrate, but the whirlwind of images was so overwhelming that he fell to his knees in pain. Seeing Jude collapse Rutherford took his eyes off of Sal and Joanie. When she moved forward he fired his weapon without looking. Sal threw himself forward to catch Joanie from hitting the floor and caught her as she collapsed into his arms enraged he charged the small man and was hit but continued forward until he wrestled the gun from his hands. The man rose to attack Sal and Sal fired. Boom. Boom. Rutherford lay on the floor bleeding out as the guards came rushing around the corners. They fired at Sal, but Sal fired back quickly hitting each guard. He rushed back to Joanie's side as she lay there gasping for air. He held her in his arms as he pleaded with her. "Jo. Jo just hold on. Ok"