Chapter 6 - Reminder From A Dark Past

Start from the beginning

And just like that, the trigger had been touched. All the memories came shooting out. I wasn't prepared for it, and I don't think anyone would be.

*Flashback*

6 years ago...

It was just a normal night, and my parents were leaving to go to a friend's party.

"Are you sure you don't want to go Mi querido (My dear), it will be fun." My dad said fixing his tie.

I wasn't in the mood to go that night and Adam had offered to come over and take care of me. Of course I couldn't deny that offer, I loved Adam and it was our three months anniversary. He was planning on taking me out for the occasion but I wasn't feeling well so he cancelled and decided to stay over while my parents were out.

"No, dad, I don't want to go to the West's party, anyways, Adam is coming over." Dad just rolled his eyes.

"Oh, that boy the one you have been seeing, you rather spend time with him rather than your poor old father." My dad said placing his hand on his heart and pouting.

"Maybe," I said smiling.

My mom walked in and my dad quickly ran over to her hugging her closely and fake crying. "Miel (Honey), my own daughter rejected me."

My mom just rolled her eyes and brushed him off. " Carino (Sweetie), your daughter has a boyfriend now, so let her have time with him."

My dad looked up and widened his eyes, "but, but.." His lips quivered.

My mother poked his nose and started laughing, "I know you love our daughter as much as I do but this is her first boyfriend and she wants time with him so let her do so."

Dad gave her a defeated look and started walking away slouching.

"And stop slouching! It's bad for you back," my mother said. Dad quickly fixed his posture and continued walking towards the front door.

"Come on mi amor (my love), we'll be late if we don't hurry up."

"Well, that's my cue to leave," my mom chirped. She gave me a kiss on the cheek then headed to my dad who wrapped an arm around her waist and kissing the crown of her head

I smiled. After 20 years of marriage my parents still loved each other probably even more than they did when they first got married. I hoped that one day, I'd find that type of love too. But that's the thing about love, you don't find it. You don't just wake up one day and decide to go out and search for it. Love come to you when you least suspect it. Love isn't surrounded by fear either, If you fear losing love, it was never yours to begin with. You need to find someone who you don't fear losing.

Suddenly it hit me.

I feared losing Adam.

I always felt as if he was too good for me. He was perfect, every girls dream guy. I feared that one day, he would realise that I was just an average girl and he would leave me and go find someone else.

Once my parents had left I called Adam.

"What's up?" Adam answered as per usual.

"Hey," I answered wearily.

"Are you alright?" He asked .

I'm afraid that one day you'll realise how dull I am and just leave me. "I'm fine, when are you coming over?"

"I'll be there in a few minutes, are you sure you're ok?" He questioned his voice laced with concern.

"Yeah, I'm OK." No I'm not.