(Spring) Chapter 1

Original Published Date: March 25, 2017

Edited Date: November 29, 2017

April 4, 2016 - Early Morning

Springtime.

The cherry blossoms all around Fuyuki city has started to bloom. Some of the petals made its way floating in the air, dancing beautifully with the wind. The sea shines with the sun, sparkling brightly with its blue hue.

It was a new school year for Homurahara Gakuen and the students are happily making their way inside the campus. At the entrance, a girl with brown hair stands on the side of the gate and looks at the school building.

"Homurahara Gakuen, huh?" She wonders to herself.

April 4, 2016 - Morning

All of the students of Homurahara Gakuen are gathered inside the auditorium. It was time for the welcoming ceremony to start the new school year.

"...Always seize the day, my children. Every single day is a stepping stone to your dreams. A door to your bright future awaits you."

The school principal started off her speech with a motherly-like tone. She is Principal Martha Seiki, the 60th principal of Homurahara Gakuen.

"Make new friends. Discover yourself here in Homurahara Gakuen. And to the freshmen..."

The girl with brown hair from before made eye contact with Principal Martha. She smiles at the young student with glistening eyes. The purple-headed principal, then, returns her eyes to the crowd.

"Thank you for choosing Homurahara Gakuen as your second home. Thank you for trusting us. We will make sure that your stay here is of the best experience and benefit for you. Once again, I am Principal Martha Seiki and welcome to Homurahara Gakuen."

Principal Martha stepped away from the microphone. The students clapped their hands, inspired from the principal's words of wisdom.

"Principal Martha really has that motherly-like aura," the brown-headed girl said as she stopped clapping.

"That's Principal Martha for you," says a girl with pink, short hair, who was sitting beside the brown-headed girl. "Hello, I'm Kachuujou Marie. Freshman."

The brown-headed girl looked at Marie's way and smiled at her. "Suzuhana Hinako. It's nice to meet you," she extends a hand for the pink-headed girl to shake.

Marie happily took Hinako's hand and shook it. "It's nice to meet you, too. Where did you come from?"

"I came from Karakura Middle School. It's quite far from here," Hinako replies. "You?"

"I'm from Nekoge Prefectural Middle and High School," Marie replies.

"'And high school'? I do not mean to offend you, Kachuujou-san, but why didn't you continue your high school there?"

"My parents' work made us move here. Plus, I've been very interested in Fuyuki city!" Marie shines with passion. "Nestled between the sea and the forest, this is my dream city!"

"I see," Hinako's mouth twitches as she watches Marie's happy-go-lucky attitude.

"And now, a word from our Student Council President, Mr. Itsuka Seifuku."