Chapter 34

"Why didn't you just tell her we flew in so that you could have spent the day with her?"

Joe asked as he grabbed a beer from the fridge while Galina was in the back helping my sweet pea with her homework.

"Because then it wouldn't be a surprise dumb ass!" He laughed and shook his head.

"But we are flying back tomorrow morning so what's the point?" I sighed as I guessed he was right but she hadn't texted me at all since last week so I figured she was busy with whatever.

But she would be at the club so I could surprise her.

"Its Zoe, there's always a point" I shrugged as I slipped on my jacket.

"Don't wait up!" I called back and heard a 'okay'.

"You sure you have everything?" I asked as I walked in with her holding Sky in my arms while wheeling her suitcase with another as she had the duffel bag with Sky's things in it.

"For the fifth time yes Jon" she smiled as she glanced back at me.

"Watch yourself now Zoe Hudson" I smirked and she stopped and stared at the huge ass screen which made it real.

I hadn't spent much time with her even though she had been here for me but the time we did spend together definitely made up for all of it.

"Now boarding flight 197 ..."

I was the one who had booked her tickets so I knew that was hers.

She turned to me, "I guess I'll see you whenever you have time to come back down"

"Yeah..."

I couldn't bring myself to say more as all that was on the tip of my tongue was that night.

"Come on sweetie!" Sky hugged me with his little arms and I laughed and then gave him to her.

"Now be a good boy for Z...champions are good!" I winked as his replica champion was draped over the suitcase.

"Okay Mr Dean" he nodded.

I sighed as I wished I had kissed her this morning but everything had been so rushed with her dropping by Joe's room to say bye to them .

And I couldn't very well kiss her now with Sky's eyes focused on us.

I smiled and pulled her into a side hug and kissed the top of her head.

"I'll see you whenever then Zoe Hudson"

She rolled her eyes, "see you Jon"

She moved away and turned as I stood and watched her.

"Don't go hugging other blondes in the crowd now" she winked and I laughed a bit.

I wasn't sure if she was serious, would she care if I did or was she just being Zoe just blurting things out?

I walked in and saw Owen at the bar. Who I hadn't seen since our talk..

"Hey man what can I get you.." He asked as he set a drink down in front of someone else seated at the bar .

"Zoe.." was all I said.

He sighed, "look I'm sorry about what I said the last time but I was only looking out for my friend"

I nodded, "I know man, everything you said was true. But I'm here for a reason which means it ain't anymore"

He smirked, "Zoe's at the back its requests for the night?"