Chapter 13 - Acting Auditions

We made our way back to our seats after Lizzie finally called "1159." She cut a few more people with numbers 1201-1750.

Natalee was steamed, I could tell. She sat there with her arms crossed until Lizzie and Robert traded places.

"Congrats, you made it through the first cut!"

We cheered enthusiastically.

"Would all the girls who sang Castle on a Cloud, please come back onstage?"

We did just that.

"Now, what I'd like you to do is facial expressions. I'll be in the sound booth with Lizzie, and I will tell you who you are and what's happening. I won't give you 'You're angry' or 'You're happy,' just give me what you think your character feels like at that time. And I want to be able to see it from the booth! To make this more challenging, make no sounds. Start when I give you the setting!"

He jogged up to the booth and sat next to Lizzie.

"Ok, before we start, organize yourselves into lines of 10 from downstage to upstage! There should be 50 of you, so it will be lines of 5 by lines of 10. Go."

We scrambled around until we finally got into a kind of order. I was in the third row from the back.

"Front row, give me your numbers."

I couldn't hear them from where I was.

"Now, you're Young Cosette, and Young Eponine is being pampered by Madame Thénardier right in front of you. Go,"

There was a pause as the young actresses performed their silent actions before a few giggles came from the audience.

"Great, thank you. Front row, please go to the back. Next group!"

The same thing repeated for a long time. When it was finally my turn, I realized I was the first to state my number.

"Seven-seventy-six!" I cried, the same way I had during my singing audition.

The girls stated their numbers, too.

"Ok, you five are Young Eponine, who thinks Young Cosette doesn't even deserve to eat the crumbs off the floor. Go,"

So I tensed. I scowled. I crossed my arms, pretending the audience was Natalee. I rolled my eyes. I smirked. I curled my fists. I clenched my teeth. I put my hands on my hips. Angry, angry, angry.

"Great, thank you," Robert's voice said.

I went back to the end of the line with the rest of my row. I didn't think much of my performance, but I felt I definitely did better than I did at my singing audition.

Everyone else went back up in their age and gender groups to do expressions. A few people popped out as good, but none truly astonishing.

Then there were more cuts.

A/N

Eight-hour writing surge yesterday yayyy!!

Except that my spacebar doesn't work anymore lol. 

Acting_is_mylife