Chapter 3 - Ah, Broadway...

Broadway.

I love looking at the ads for the shows in the newspapers. The one playing now was called Annie. I would love to see it, but I'll never be able to afford a ticket; nor would Hailey.

But, sometimes, I'll read the description and act out what I think it'd be about. Sometimes people stare at me like I'm delirious, others smile at me pitifully. Not the best audience, sure, but why let that stop me?!

For Annie, I saw a poster that showed a curly, red-headed girl with freckles running across her nose smiling with a dog almost the size of her. The caption said "It's the Hard-Knock Life!"

I imagined it was about a girl like me who had no home and no parents. She then finds a missing dog with a cash reward, so she takes it to the house, gets money, then uses that money to become a model and eventually becomes famous and never has to worry about food again.

I realize I'm probably not even a little bit close. But that's why I love my active imagination!

*~*~*

I laid down to sleep that night under an unfamiliar tree. As I stared into the stars, I fantasized.

I fantasized about my life. What if I was Annie one day; becoming famous and eating every day? What if, one day, everyone would know my name? What if I could even get Hailey to be famous, too?

What if I could just switch my life around just like that?

A/N

I know it's short but I promise it'll get better!! Heehee I'm so excited for this story I have a lot planned ;D