Chapter 1: How We Met

"YOU HAVE TO SAVE HIM! PLEASE!" You screamed at the man. "I'm very sorry ma'am but we can't go back in there. It's unsafe." He answered calmly.

~*~2 Years Earlier~*~

You ran through the crowded sidewalks with tears stinging her face. "What a fucking ass," you muttered under her breath. You tripped and fell onto your side, leaving you winded. "Are you alright?" A man with a British accent asked you, while helping you up. "Wow, you're attractive," you muttered quietly. "You're not so bad yourself," the man giggled. You blushed, "Sorry." He smiled, "I'm Dan, and you are?" "I'm Madeline, but everyone calls me Maddy," you answered. "You know Madeline, when I'm upset I like to have someone to talk to. Would you like to go get a coffee?" You didn't realize you were still crying until then. "Oh, uh, sure," you answered.

"So Madeline, what's troubling you?" he said before taking a sip of his drink. "I can't go back home. He will beat me," you started bawling again. "Shh, it's ok. Settle down," he tried to soothe you. "Can we go to your place. I'd rather not have a mental breakdown in public," you asked. "Yea! of course," he said politely.

He pulled up to a beautiful house, and jumped out of the car. Dan walked around to the passenger side, and opened your door for you. "Follow me," he called.

He unlocked the front door, revealing a beautiful house, filled with records. "You probably think I'm nuts hoarding all these records!" He joked. "This is incredible Dan! Everything sounds so much better on vinyl!" You ran up to his collection and started flipping through all the records on the shelves. "Damn you have such good taste!" You said excitedly. "So, what was wrong Maddy?" He sounded very concerned. "Well, my step dad abuses me. I decided to tell my mom and she accused me of lying. Then they started yelling at me and told me to never come back. My own mother chose her stupid boyfriend over me," you cried. "Madeline I'm so sorry. You can stay with me if you want," he said embracing you in a hug. "Thanks so much Dan," you replied.