8. Setting up the details

I dedicate this chapter to perftho, she is a super friendly, mature and overall AMAZING person! She is also an author here on WattPad and she has a massive amount of talent!!! She is one of the biggest reasons why I'm currently writing this book and putting words to paper and sharing them with the world. I've always loved her ever since I ran into her profile and started talking to her. Every comment, conversation, all the support and the tips in life and on how to turn my horrible writing into something worth reading. Obrigada Marisa, por tudo! ♥

Tessa's POV

I get woken up (again) by a vibrating phone. As I check I learn that this time, it wasn't the helpline's, it was my personal phone, I guess that's what I should call it nowadays... I pick it up from my nightstand and notice that I had a text message from Christopher.

It was a rather simple "Good morning sunshine 😉", but it was more than enough to put a smile on my face. [For those of you who can see it there's a winking emoji after "sunshine"] I grab my cell with both hands this time and click on the screen to reply, quickly typing up "Morning Chris 😃" with a smiling emoji at the end, truth be told he does make smile and be happy so... I feel like it is appropriate.

I didn't even have enough time to set it back down on my nightstand again, Chris had already answered it.

"How are you feeling today?"

"I'm sleepy but good. How about you, how are you feeling?" I quickly type and hit "SEND". It only takes a couple seconds to see the grey "..." message thing telling me he is typing.

"I can't really complain, what are you doing today?" I raise my eyebrow and wonder what he is going to ask.

"Nothing got some homework and tidying up to do but nothing big or special, there's nothing that can't be postponed that's for sure."

"So you figured out my angle hen? Okay, you're right. I want to ask you out." Wow! That's just wow! Why the hell would he ever want to go out with me, what the fuck Chris? Are you high or something?! Before I could start typing a response, in which I have absolutely no idea what to write, the grey message saying he's already typing was already on the screen. Holly cow, he types fast... Maybe he's a bit embarrassed about doing it over texts or that I'm not responding him but then this shows up: 'As FRIENDS!' Oh thank God, I don't see Chris "that way" and even if I did he should grow a pair and come ask me himself, IN PERSON, FACE TO FACE.

When I look at my phone again instead of the ceiling I start reading the most recent text, which says: "I was thinking about a movie and after we could go grab some food" & "You know, let out some steam, distress" I get caught up on the "let out some steam" and the "distress" part of the text though and since it's going to make me worry (more) if I don't ask him that's exactly what I'm going to do and it's also what I'm typing right now. "Is something wrong or is it just work and all those high-profile cases of yours?" Something I've picked up throughout this past month of working at the helpline is that the tiny signals are everything so you should never let them slide by. Another thing is that adding an achievement to the conversation when it's about something not too amusing to talk about help, especially with guys, because, yeah you guessed it, it's a sort of ego boost and it makes them relax and become more open about their feelings and everything. Is it just me or have I been absorbing my job? Well, if you actually think about it, it's not such a bad thing. Being concerned with others is actually a good personality trait, one I might benefit in a possibly near future.

My phone's screen goes black and not 2 seconds later, it starts vibrating and shows "Christopher Black" as the caller. Thank God it wasn't having a stroke or malfunctioning... I've had enough phones and technology in general like that to last a lifetime. I click on the green "Answer" button without giving it much thought and immediately greet him with a "hello" and smile, not that he can see it, though.... I still got a "hey" in return and maybe it's for the best that he doesn't see my weirdness, at least not right now because I'm probably one big mess if you ask me.

Me being me, I ask him again just to make sure no stone is left unturned. "Now seriously is everything okay with you?"

"Yes, relax Tessa" I close my eyes and continue to listen to his voice. "So about this afternoon, like I said before, well typed..." Embarrassment was just proven to exist, I wish I could see him, though. He's probably running his fingers through his hair or rubbing the back of his neck like guys tend to do in situations like these. "I was thinking about going out and watching a movie at the cinema and then maybe grab some food and maybe go have some fun. Maybe we could add some dance to the mix, people say I'm good..." I can only imagine the grin that must be on his face and a slightly raised and not overly confident eyebrow and both those things would probably be mixed with a high level of insecurity. Wow, can people really notice that much about someone just by what they say and how they say it? Please tell me people don't analyse me like that! And does he mean people as in everyone or people as in girls?

I decide to put him out of his misery and accept his invitation "Name when and where and I let you know in a little while, truth be told I need to wake the F up first and then think about how to make the best of my day first. Remember those annoying things called tests, essays, reports and a crazy amount of homework? Well, mine is starting soon so I'm not too sure if I shouldn't spend the day preparing and getting ahead. I'm pretty sure I can do both, though, so... Yeah, I would love to hang out with you." I'm not too sure why but I'm actually pretty excited about it. I sit up on my bed and check the time on my nightstand's clock. I immediately start thinking about the 1001 things I wanted/needed to do today, completely forgetting I was on the phone with someone which was extremely rude of me but I was too lost in my own head to notice.

I finally get pulled out of my little trance and stop overthinking and looking around my bedroom when I hear his voice in a hesitant "Tessa?" and I reply like I had a rocket in my ass or something. I probably should have slowed down but too late...

"Hey sorry, I was just checking the time and got a little lost in my head. It happens a bit too often if you ask me but I tend to do it a lot when I either have a lot on my mind, I'm super stressed out or simply feeling strong emotions towards something." I take a deep breath and then continue at a slower pace. "There I go again, I'm sorry Chris. How the hell do you put up with me...?" I pull my hair off my face and tug it behind my ear, only to afterwards continue to pet my baby (he may be a dog but he's still the love of my life).

"Calm down Tessa, there's no need to stress. Just relax and breathe! So do you think you will be free or? Because.... I kind of really want to go because I think it would be fun."

Without much thinking I agree and say I will be there, I can't believe I actually said yes, it's so... Ugh, it sounds like I have a freaking crush on the guy! I tune back into the phone call and we finish setting up the details and schedule our outing for 3pm since the movie is at 3:30. That gives me a couple of hours after lunch to get ready which should be more than enough.

{A//N}

I've been trying to write some more lately and coming up with ideas but one thing is still undefined about this story, where do the characters live? So I have a question for you if you could live anywhere on earth, where would you live and why?  Personally, I think I would choose an English-speaking country but I'm not sure which one... There's the States (it's a big country and I don't think I would fit in and not feel small in it), England (the weather is a turn off, though), Australia (opposite seasons)...

{Edited on the 2nd of August 2016}