6. Midnight Man

6. Midnight Man

Tessa's POV

When I get home I hurry upstairs because I just want to lock myself up in my room and eat this pizza without running into anyone, I don't want them to steal my food. So I after slamming the front door shut, I run up the stairs. When I get there I close its door as well but this time, I actually lock the damn thing before diving ass first into my queen-size bed to kill my hunger. To be honest, if anyone saw me like this and said I was overreacting I would tell them to go kiss my ass! I know, I know... I'm a pig when I eat but honestly who cares?

"Tessa, dinner will be ready in 10!" Oops... How can I eat that as well, I just stuffed a whole pizza down my throat? Thanks to a certain British someone...

Dinner was boring, as usual. There was nothing but small talk combined with some loud chewing from my dad's behalf. It's always the same thing, nothing truly exciting happens, well at least not something worth being super stoked about for a long period of time.

After we ate everyone headed their own separate ways, at least I did. I closed myself up in my bedroom and decided to sit down on my bed after grabbing my school bag. Sadly I still hadn't finished my homework for tomorrow...

"Chemistry, welcome back not-so-dear friend," I let out a small laugh and ended up turning into a groan.

It takes me about 20 minutes to finish everything, properly this time. After that, it's time for some chocolate and a five-minute break spent scrolling through social media before I hit my English homework.

By the time I finally finish all the homework I've gotten so far this week and began my assignment, it's already half past nine... To be honest, I've always hated how that white polished clock that's standing on my desk with such big, digital numbers displays the time, it makes me feel like it's shouting at me. It's like a "Heeeyyy, it's 9:30pm already!!! You took forever to finish that, exactly how dumb are you?" I absolutely hate, the funny thing is I've had it for well over a year and I never bothered to change it even though another one would cost around 5-10$.

I wouldn't have noticed that when I become really about something I'm seeing I stare unless someone told me. Someone did, in fact, a lot of someones did. I'm trying to fix but I still slip a lot... So in moments of despair, when you think you can't change for better, you should turn to your life saver, guess who mine is.

"Netflix, where are you my precious life saver?" I close all the web pages related to my English presentation and save my work before opening the world's greatest app and website of all time. Honestly, I dare you to name a better site! You won't be able to find one this awesome, that isn't social media or an online community.

I browse through all the series and nothing seems to blow my mind, even after reading some series' description. I end up going to the movies page and browse through that one as well.

After a little while, I finally settle, I end up choosing "Now You See Me 2". The first one was a great movie so this one

~♥~

I get woken up in the middle of the night by a ringing phone. I didn't even realise I had fallen asleep in the first place... I still had my computer on and Netflix open.

"Whose phone is this? Who the hell is calling at this ungodly hour?? Ugh!" I somehow manage to crawl out of bed and walk towards the awfully stereotypical ringtone, stumbling/dragging myself around the room due to the awfully sleepy state I am in. "Fuck! Who the hell put that damn sneaker there!? Aaauch, my nose," I rub it, hoping the pain will ease because I am clumsy enough to land on it. I open my bag and quickly rummage through its contents. As I start getting seriously annoyed, I simply flip it upside down and try to restrain myself from throwing that damn phone against the wall... I pick that damn thing up, only to get even more confused... It's not my phone; I had stumbled upon a black model on some weird phone...

"WHO THE HELL IS CALLING ME??" I whine, quickly clicking on the 'answer' button. Although that movement seemed fast, it was slow enough to notice I had 13 missed calls. I must have been sound asleep...

It took me awhile to remember that Melissa had handed out the phones earlier today, or yesterday... I'm confused, tired, annoyed and overall a huge gigantic mess.

"Hello? Who the hell is this? Oh and thanks for calling at this ungodly hour it's not like I need to get some sleep or anything..." please note the humongous dose of sarcasm in that sentence! And yeah when someone wakes me up like this I am a bit of a grumpy baby.

{AN}

I know this was a short chappy but believe me when I tell you that the next one won't be! It was just a filler so the next one made some sense, I'll make it up to you then.

Do you want to know something sad? I don't have Netflix...