14~ Red, White, And Blue

"Ariel." I groaned and pushed Andy away from me.

"What?" I finally muttered.

"We can't leave. The roads are flooded." My eyes shot open at his words. I jumped off the couch and ran over to the window. He was right. There was so much water that I couldn't see the street anymore, or the tires on Andy and Ryan's cars.

"So that means we're stuck together all day?" Ryan asked, coming into the living room from the kitchen.

"I guess so." Andy snapped coldly. I looked back and forth between them before yawning.

"You still tired, babe?" Ryan asked, stopping in front of me. I nodded, reaching for the coffee cup in his hand.

"Can't you two please not flirt while I'm in here?" Andy asked quietly. I pulled away from Ryan and blushed.

"Sorry." I muttered. Andy shrugged and walked back over to the couch. I walked over and sat across from him on the loveseat, staring out the window at the flood.

"Ari? Are we going to talk about Carter and Brendan? You can't just blow it off and. . ." I shook my head and he stopped talking.

"I. . . I can't, Andy. Don't you understand? He was my brother, I want to honor him. And if we rat Coach out. . . well, Bren will be thought of as the piece of crap that sold the drugs." I whispered, glancing toward the kitchen to see Ryan's back tense.

"Did coach ever. . . you know, do anything to you?" I looked over at Andy, my bottom lip quivering.

"That doesn't matter, Andy. I. . ."

"Ari, did he?" He reapated, a strange look in his eyes.

"A little. I don't really remember, I tried to block it out. It was the night of the championchip game last year. I went to find Bren and. . ." Ryan turned to face me, his face twisted in disgust.

"And he stopped me in the lockeroom. I thought he was just happy about the win. . . but he started to touch me where he shouldn't. He tried to kiss me but you came running up, Andy. He acted like he was helping get something out of my hair." Ryan stared at me, his eyes growing darker by the second. Andy, well, his face was emotionless.

"Why didn't you tell me? Or Bren?" I looked down at my pants, my eyes burning from the tears that threatened to slip out of them.

"Because he threatened me. Said he'd kick you and Bren off the team. I. . . I couldn't let that happen. And it's not like anyone would have believed me anyway." I pulled my knees against my chest and rested my chin on them.

"Listen, Ari. I would have believed you. I would have killed the piece of shit, but I would have believed you. I know Bren would of too." Andy stood up and joined me on the loveseat, rubbing my arm.

"We can't just snitch, Andy. I. . . we can't let everyone disown Bren like that." I heard someone clear their throat and found Ryan standing in front of us, looking about a second from killing Andy.

"Would either of you care to explain what's going on?" He asked, crossing his arms.

"It doesn't concern you, Ryan. It's . . ."

"If it involves my girlfriend, it involves me." Andy stood up, inches from Ryan's face.

"Fuck off, Ryan. She was mine first." He shoved the older boy away from him.

"She was never yours, Andrew. You just let her slip through your fingers like she was nothing. You had your chance. She's my girlfriend now." Ryan snarled, staring at his cousin.

"If she's your girlfriend than ask her why she looks guilty every time she kisses you. A. . . ask her why she avoids you every chance she can get. Go on, Ry." Andy gestured toward me, his hand inches from my face.

"Ariel. . ." Ryan whispered, his voice trailing off.

"Ryan, you have to. . ."

"Is he right? Ariel, do you even like me?" I could see the hurt starting to fill his eyes. I stood up and grabbed his hand.

"Of course I like you, Ryan. You know that." I assured him, grabbing at his hand in desperation.

"But you love Andrew, right?" He mumbled, pushing my hand away.

"Ryan. . ."

"God, I was such a idiot for believing that I had a chance with you." He shook his head and headed for the door.

"Where are you going, Ryan? It's pouring out there." I asked, following him.

"I'll be fine. I've drove in worse weather." He slipped into his jacket and gave Andy a sarcastic smirk.

"Well, she's all yours now." Then he was gone, slamming the door behind him.

***

"Ariel."

"Ariel, come on. Talk to me." I finally stood up, showing Andy how bad I really looked.

"What? Are you going to tell me how sorry you are? Oh, no. I bet you are going to sit here and act like you don't give a shit about me again. You just wanted me because Ryan had me. Now I lost not only my boyfriend, but he was my best friend too. You should have died in that car accident, Andrew!" My hand flew over my mouth once I realized what I had just said. Andy didn't reply, he didn't even react. The only thing that gave me even a slight idea that he heard me was the sad smile that slipped across his face.

"I know." He finally replied, his eyes burning into mine.

"Andy, I didn't mean. . ."

"No, Ari. You're right. What right do I have to live while my best friend rots in the ground? I just use and abuse people, right? I don't even know what the fuck love is." I fell back on to the couch, running my hands through my hair.

"What are we going to do?" I cried, reffering back to Bren and the drugs, not wanting to talk about what happened with Ryan anymore.

"What can we do, Ariel? We either lie and try to go against the asshole in court or we just act like it doesn't matter. We'll lose the case, Ari. There isn't any use in trying." He said, his voice and eyes still distant. I intertwined my fingers and thought about what he said for a second.

"What if we do something else? What if we show him that he doesn't scare us?" This caught Andy's attention.

"Andy, everyone thinks you're done. That you won't be able to play anymore. But what if you can? What if you can come back better than ever?" He nodded for me to continue. I could feel a small ball of hope building in my chest.

"I can help you train. We can get you prepared so you can play at the beginning of the season in a month. Andy, we can do it. We can find a way to honor Bren." My hope died when Andy shook his head and frowned.

"And what about Coach? He's a piece of crap. We can't let him continue what he does." I sighed, leaning back against the couch.

"We can figure it out, Andy. Once we prove to him that you aren't weak and you know what he's doing, he'll back off. We'll find a way to blackmail him." He sat down on the couch beside me and looked out the window.

"So when do I start training, Coach?" He asked, turning to me with a half smile. I looked out the window and smiled to myself.

"Whenever this storm passes." Andy moved away from the window and looked up at the ceiling. He stared up at the ceiling, smiling.

"Don't worry, Bren. We'll find out what really happened." I don't think he understood just how much I hoped that he was right.

***AN***

Hope you guys enjoyed! I can't wait to reveal what Andy and Ariel have planned for coach

Let me know what you guys thought!!

~ChasingMadness24