8~ Another One Bites The Dust

Andy took our fight like it was nothing. He went right back to school the next day and went directly to his friends again. I even saw him trying to talk things out with Britt. It was a week before he would even look at me, and when he did his face was emotionless. I had gone over to Ryan's for dinner a few days ago, and honestly he seemed to be the only friend I had right now. Unless you include the history teacher, which frankly would be kind of sad.

". . . to try and conquer." I could feel my head fall on to the desk when the bell rang. Everyone scurried around me and rushed toward the door while I kept my face against the cold desk.

"Ariel, are you all right?" Mr. Finch asked, resting his hand on the edge of my desk.

"Apparently not." I groaned. I don't think anyone except for Mr. Finch understood just how miserable I was seeing Andy with Britt, and having my parents constantly talking about Bren.

"Ariel, sweetie. We can head back to my. . ."

"Hey, Ari!" My head snapped up at the voice who interrupted Mr. Finch. One of the football players, Jensen I think his name was, was standing in the doorframe out of breath.

"Jensen? What's wrong?" I asked, standing up. Out of all the football players, Jensen had been the one that had treated me like an equal. Like I wasn't his friend's little sister.

"Andy and some college guy are fighting in the parking lot." That was all he needed to say. I grabbed my bag and took off, shoving passed him as well a Mr. Finch. When I got outside, I couldn't see anything but people's backs.

"Move!" I hissed, pushing people out of the way. I regretted making my way to the front when I found Andy on his knees, blood gushing from his nose and his hand gripping his side.

"You should have been the one to die in that accident, Andrew! You kill everything you touch. And listen to me," Ryan grabbed his younger cousin by the collar of his shirt, "I'm not going to let you hurt Ariel." I swear that every pair of eyes in the parking lot went to me.

"You had your chance, Andy. Now it's my turn." He shoved Andy back and lifted his head to face me.

"Andy. . ." My mouth formed the name but nothing came out as I rushed over to him.

"Get away!" He snarled, pushing me back. I fell onto the blacktop, tears streaming down my cheeks.

"Andy." I whimpered. He looked up at me, his beautiful eyes glistening in the sunlight.

"H. . .he's right, Ari." Then the crowd moved toward him and blocked him. I felt Ryan help me up, and when I turned to face him, he was frowning.

"Are you okay?" He asked, looking at my dirty jeans.

"I'm fine. Just take me home please." I replied, wrapping my arms around myself as we headed toward his truck.

***

"Ariel, honey. Can we talk to you?" My mom asked, walking into the living room. I looked up from my notes, narrowing my eyes.

"About what?" I asked skeptically.

"Well, sweetheart. We've seen that you have been hanging out with that college boy a lot lately." My mom said, sitting on the couch across from me. My dad walked over and joined her after a moment.

"So?" I growled. I swear to god if they were going to tell me to stop hanging out with Ryan. . .

"We're just worried, sweetie. We don't want you to make some mistake with him because you're mad at Andrew. Sweetheart, he can go to jail if he does anything and. . ."