Chapter 33: Where is Kane?

Start from the beginning

   *Jimmy Q in Media Picture*

I am enjoying myself. It has been over an hour since we have been here dancing and laughing with Jimmy while Donovan dances with some girl he met earlier.

Jimmy told me a bit about himself and how he and Kane have been friends since they were in middle school. They got into a fist fight over a girl the first day of school. Both getting detention for the week and while there they realized how much they had in common and that the girl was not worth fighting over since there were other girls they could have.

Jimmy made me feel at ease, not having to watch what I say or do like I have to when I am with Kane. Though this past week he has been less of an ass towards me. It feels good to breathe without him being over my shoulder.

"Do you know when Kane will be here?" leaning over to my ear Jimmy asks.

"No." I shrug as I continue to dance. Turning around I feel Jimmy's hands on my waist swaying to the music. I can smell the beer on his breath fanning my ear.

"Kane is a very lucky man, Helena. Besides being beautiful, you are feisty, funny and a great dancer. I think for the first time I envy him. What I would not do to have a girl like you by my side." whispering the last part.

I stop dancing. Did he really say that to me? Turning around slowly I look at Jimmy who smiles down at me. "I – I am going to get something to drink." taking a step back.

"I can get it for you. Water, right?" bringing his hand up he places a strand of my hair behind my ear then traces my cheek with his finger.

"Yes, thank you." giving him a tight smile.

"I will be right back beautiful." winking he turns around making his way through the crowd and to the wet bar that is on the other side of the room.

Looking around I see a pair of eyes staring at me.

"Here you go." startled I snap my head to look up at Jimmy who hands me a water bottle. That was fast.

"Thank you." opening the cap I take a long gulp of the cold liquid not realizing how thirsty I am.

"Why don't we go somewhere quieter." Jimmy asks leaning closer to my ear.

"Umm." hesitating. What if Kane comes and thinks there is something going on between him and I?

"Do not worry, Kane trusts me." tapping my nose.

"Alright." agreeing I follow him to another side of the house.

As we walk, I start feeling a dizzy. Ignoring it I just assume it was due to the room being hot, so I continue to drink my water.

Jimmy stops walking when we reach a set of French doors. Opening it wide he lets me walk through first to the balcony. "Ladies first."

"Thank you." feeling the light breeze on my face I take a deep breath closing my eyes.

"Feeling better?" hearing him next to me.

Opening my eyes, I lose my balance as a wave of dizziness hits me again. Jimmy wraps his arms around me to keep me steady.

Shaking my head, I try straightening myself up. "Ye-- yeah. Sorry, I am just a bit dizzy." blinking a few times but it only makes the room spin more.

"Do you want to sit or lay down? You can go to my room or..." he begins to say but I shake my head no.

"Where is the bathroom?"