Chapter 19: Letting go...

Kane's P.O.V.

The drive back to my place is silent. Occasionally I glance over at her. She just stares out the window sobbing quietly. I should be pissed off because she is crying for that bitch, but I guess I will let her. The faster she cries it out the faster she will get him out of her system.

Reaching a red light, I hear the door open and close. Glancing over where Helena is sitting, I automatically notice that she is gone. Leaning down I can see her running the opposite way through the window.

"What the fuck?" I say loudly looking back at the direction she runs in. We are at a bridge the light turning green. Cars behind me are already blowing their horn for me to move.

"Damn it!" Screaming I hit the steering wheel deciding to make a U-turn, peeling as I do.

I cannot fucking believe she decided to bolt out of my car to run away from me. What the hell is she thinking? I know that punk ass bitch just hurt her, but to run from me. She will learn the kind of hurt I can inflict.

Glancing around to see if I can see her, I turn to a park that is by the water. A lot of people come here during the day for cookouts and at night to hang out. I know some of my crew come here. Sometimes for deals so it is not a safe place for her to run too late at night.

"She could not have gone too far." scouting the area carefully I park the car with the headlights facing the way I think she might have gone. That is when I notice someone sitting down at a picnic table. Squinting my eyes, I know that it is her. Shutting off the car, I take the keys out and grab my gun from the middle console.

Getting out of the car I scream her name walking towards her. "Helena!" She looks up towards me with fear and takes off again.

"Damn it, Helena! Stop, now!" Running after her shouting for her to stop.

Ignoring me she runs faster until reaching another bridge going over to the edge. "What the fuck?"

"Stay away from me Kane. I mean it." Screaming back at me as tears run down her cheek.

I stop in my tracks staring at her. "Princess. What do you think you are doing?"

"What do you care? All you care is that you make my life a living HELL! You have done nothing but threaten me and the people I love. You killed two people in front of me like if I had asked you to and you. You are going to do everything in your power to control me! Well, guess what Kane? I do not want you to own me -- to control me. I am not your little slave that you can order around as you wish and take advantage off!"

Screaming and crying I keep watching her carefully. She is wearing high heels and where she stands is not wide enough. Any minute she can slip and fall below to the water.

"Princess, get over here. NOW!" Taking a step closer to her she shifts away from me.

"I am not your princess! I am not yours! It is your fault Kane! It is your fault that I lost Ethan. It is your fault that he hates me, it is your fault that I hate myself for not being stronger and standing up to you. You are psychotic evil bastard! I hate you Kane. I HATE YOU SO MUCH!" She bellows, her sobs becoming louder.

Standing there still my jaw clenches. I am going to fucking punish her.

"Helena. Get.your.ass.back.over.here." Gritting each word while taking another step closer to her.

"I mean it Kane. I will jump if you do not stay away from me." Moving further to the edge I stop.

"Helena. You may hate me. Curse my name to hell and back, but I saved you from those bastards that attacked you. I was the one there." Pointing at myself. "Not that bitch Ethan! I was the one who tracked them down and beat the shit out of them. I am the one who pulled the trigger ending their lives just so they would not do that to anyone else." Screaming at her because I am sick and tired of her shit. I ended those fuckers for her.

"After you forced me to take the gun so I can do it Kane! You are not sane!"

"Yet, I was the one who did it, Helena. ME! They deserved to die. They hurt you. YOU! I will do it again if anyone dares to hurt what is mine. Get it through your mind. I will do anything for you."

Still crying she stares at me. "Then let me go Kane. If you say you will do anything for me -- then please -- just let me go. I cannot and do not want to be with someone who puts fear in me so I can stay with them. It is not normal or healthy. You are not capable of loving, caring or taking care of me the way I need to be taken care of. I am begging you, please. Before you continue to shatter me until I am dead inside, just let me go. Find some other girl who can take your torments. Because I do not want to." Pleading her case.

I stay quiet, stoic. Helena would rather throw herself off a bridge than to be with me.

"Helena. I am going to tell you this and I want you to listen very well. Do you understand?" Telling her with no emotion.

When she does not say anything, I continue taking a step forward. "I will never, ever let you go. You are mine now and for the rest of our fucking miserable lives. There is no if's or but's about it. You can cry, beg and even jump off this fucking bridge to get away from me, but it will never work. Try escaping me and I will find you. Wherever you run or hide, I will have a way to find you -- and when I do -- you will regret ever leaving me. I am not joking with you Helena, I told you that I protect what is mine. If you want to be an inconsiderate childish little bitch then go right ahead, jump. Get this little act of defiance of trying to kill yourself over with so we can move forward. Because the truth of the matter is sweetheart, you do not have the strength or the fucking balls to jump off. You may fight, ignore and cuss me out, but you cannot deny the fact that you want me around. It will only be a matter of time until I break you and you will give in to me. You want to know why Helena?" Taking another step closer I point to myself.

"Because I am the only person who will do everything and anything to give you what you want."

"Except my freedom." Retorting making me scuff.

"Are we really all free Helena?" Shrugging taking another step closer to her.

Staring at me for a split second she then looks down at the water below. I take the opportunity to take a few more steps closer to her until she looks back at me. "You are right Kane. I do not have the strength or the balls to jump off..."

Smirking I take another step putting me about two feet away from her.

Taking a deep breath, she says. "...but to stay away from you for the rest of my life -- I will." And in a blink of an eye, I see her let go of the railing pushing herself off.

It feels like everything is in slow motion. "Helena!" Screaming rushing to grab her but it was too late. Looking down I see her falling down a few hundred feet to the water hitting it hard while continuing to scream her name. "HELENA! HELENA!"

She jumped. She fucking jumped because she hated me so fucking much? She is gone, and the last thing I will forever remember is the look on her face when she was falling. A look of content.

A/N: 03/31/2016

Hello my wonderful readers! I decided to write another chapter because the story reached 100k views today! So thank you all so much for supporting this story! Hope you liked it!

So...Helena did the unthinkable...what do you think happens next?

Thanks for Reading, Voting and Commenting!