Chapter 33: Where is Kane?

Start from the beginning

"Here we are." Donovan says parking his car.

"Whose place is this?" curiously asking as I look over at him.

"Belongs to one of Kane's close friends Jimmy."

"Jimmy? Is he a drug dealer?"

Donovan glances at me without saying a word. I already know what the right answer is when he does not answer.

"Great! Hope I do not get arrested tonight." muttering I open the door to get out.

The place is semi packed. Expensive cars are parked all around the driveway while people go in and out the door.

"Let's go Boss Lady." Don says now standing next to me.

"Stop calling me that." grunting at him. He has been calling me that for a while now.

"Nah, I like calling you that." smirking he nods his head so I can follow him.

"Well, I do not."

"Well too bad Boss Lady." smirking again we make our way up the steps to the front door.

"Kane can make you stop if I ask him." he stops then turns to look at me.

"Why would you do that? That is my nickname for you."

Shrugging I walk past him ignoring his question. I think I should use the Kane card more often.

Reaching the door, we can already hear the loud music coming from the inside of the house. It reminds me of the fraternity house that I got assaulted in which makes me hesitate.

"It's alright Helena. I will be with you and once Kane gets here; he will not let anything bad happen to you." Donovan says close to my ear.

Nodding my head, I take a deep breath to calm my nerves. "Here goes nothing." going inside only to get lost in the ocean of strangers.

We have been here for about thirty minutes, and I seriously want to go home. Even though this place is huge, I feel claustrophobic with all the people surrounding me.

Donovan holds my hand while trying to maneuver through the crowd of sweaty drunken people dancing and grinding on each other. I even had a few guys try to dance with me which I was able to push away.

We stop walking once we make it outside to the pool area where it is not as crowded. "Are you alright?" Don asks worried turning to look at me.

I nod my head yes. "Ok, come on." pulling me with him.

Walking towards a sitting area I notice none other than Ace. Besides him are other guys drinking and doing things I wish I do not have to see.

"Well, well, well. Look what the lap dog dragged in." Ace says loudly causing everyone around him to turn and look over at us.

"Hey." Donovan greets him and the other scary guy next to him covered in tattoos like Kane.

"Donny boy. How are you kid?" standing up the scary guy goes over and shakes Donovan's hand bringing him for a bro hug.

"Jimmy, I'm alright, happy birthday." Don tells him pulling away.

"Thanks kid." he smiles then looks over at me from head to toe. "Who do we have here? Is this beautiful girl with you?" he asks curiously.

"Her? Haha, please! That is Kane's new piece of ass which he has not put to use yet. I told him that he needs to break her before someone else does." Ace chuckles.

We look over at him. Well Don and I glare while everyone else chuckles at his crude comment. I really, really do not like him.

"Ace. Do.Not." Donovan warns like he had a week ago in school.