Chapter Eleven

I actually liked the teacher for Journalism. She acted like she was talking to only Shane and I because we were the only two new kids in her class. She was explaining everything that went on in her class and how she would help us in any way known demand. She was really pretty and I couldn't help but be engrossed by every word the lady said.

     That class ended too fast. I wanted to stay and talk to her after she had dismissed us but Shane had other plans. He grabbed onto my hand as soon as the bell rung and pulled me out of the classroom without another thought.

     "Hey, I wanted to talk to her." I pointed out, trying to get my books organized with one hand.

     "Hey, I want to go home." Shane responded, taking the books out of my hands and carrying them for me.

     "I do too but gosh, she was nice."

      "Who cares? I want to get home." Shane laced his fingers through mine and practically pulled me towards our locker. I don't know how he got the combination but in one swift movement, my locker was wide open. I stared at him for a few seconds. Yeah, he was ready to go home.

     I threw my books in my locker and then closed it. I was lucky that I didn't get homework on my first day of school. That was something I was worried about. I didn't want to waste time at home doing homework when I could clearly be doing something else more productive. School work was productive but I could have been doing something more beneficial for me...like hanging out with Shane, for instance.

     My head seemed to still be spinning from where Shane was so close to kissing me today. I had been trying to figure out what that meant ever since that very moment but couldn't quite figure it out yet. He had volunteerily leaned towards me and was only a centimeter away from my lips. I could feel his breath and could almost feel his lips hovering over mine. The sensation that filled my whole body of his closeness could not be explained through words. It was like my whole body heated up in temperature and I was dying for his lips to finally connect with mine after so many years of anticipation. I had been preparing for that moment since I was fifteen, but it was still yet to happen. I hadn't kissed anybody yet but I knew for a fact that I wanted that memorable kiss to be with Shane. I had failed miserably at that so far.

     I had screwed up when I told Shane that we should have been getting back to class. I could tell by the look in his gorgeous eyes that he had been preparing for the moment that seemed bound to never happen. Was that a sign that we weren't meant to be? Or was that a sign that it wasn't our time? Did it mean that we just wanted the moment to be perfect? I had so many thoughts going on in my mind and was beginning to second guess myself. What if we weren't meant to be? What was I going to do then? I couldn't even begin to comprehend the fact that there was a slight chance that I might have to spend the rest of my life without Shane. There was a huge chance that we were mates but that small chance was big enough to give me a headache.

     "Are you okay?" Shane asked, breaking me from my thoughts of the fact that we might not be perfect for each other.

     "Y-yeah. I'm fine." I said, not bothering to look him in the eye. He would have caught on to something if he had looked at me.

     "Are you ready to leave?" He asked.

     "Yeah." I plastered a fake smile on my face and tried to look at him. The corners of his mouth curled up into a smile as he looked down at me. I guess my fake smiling had been improving over the years.

     Shane led me out of the school and when we got off school property-which was the sidewalk in front of the school-according to Shane-his arms automatically went to my waist. The smell of his cologne was intoxicating. Everything about him was intoxicating.