Chapter Twelve - Harry?

Emily-Elizabeth's POV

"We need to talk," he says and I suddenly feel nervous. Why has he gone so serious all of a sudden? What is there to talk about? Could this be about why we haven't spoken in days?

"Okay, shoot," I tell him trying to be as laid back as I can to try and mellow out the mood, but it's not working. His expression stays the same as he stares straight ahead.

"I heard your dad came home," he blurts out.

"Yeah, last Frid-" I pause, suddenly aware of what he just said to me.

"He finished that case in Ireland then," he continues not even acknowledging my shocked expression.

"How do you know that?" I gasp. There is no way I told him about my family. He never asked about it.

"Is your tattoo still sore?" He asks me and my eyes widen. I never told him about that either. How does he know all of this. "You know, the tattoo of a feather that you got on your right foot."

"Marcel, how-"

"Have you heard from your mum, recently?"

"Marcel, how-"

"How do I know all this about you?" He asks turning to face me this time. "How do I know that you have a birthmark on your stomach in the shape of a flower? How do I know that you have dimples at the bottom of you spine? How do I know that you've never loved the sound of your voice on tape? How do I know that you never want to know how much you weigh? How do I know that you still have to squeeze into your favourite pair of jeans?"

I stare at him with my mouth wide open. My heart beat rings in my ears as I reach up and take the glasses from his face, folding them in my lap. I reach up higher and ruffle my fingers through his hair, making it fall into it's familiar curly state. I gasp at what I've discovered.

"Harry?" I whisper, eyes wide and mouth open wide in shock. I shake my head, tears forming in my eyes. "All this time," I continue looking down at my hands. "It's been you, all along?" I look up at him through my eyelashes and he nods and hangs his head in shame. I can't believe he would do that. All these months, he's been pretending to be someone else. He's been getting close to me, learning my secrets, how I feel. I feel sick. "I have to get out of here," I jump to my feet and race away from him, tears streaming down my face.

"Emily, please don't go," he pleads grabbing my hand and pulling me back to face him, tears in his own eyes. I swing my hand and my palm clashes against his cheek and he gasps. I'm shocked at what I've just done, but right now, he deserves it. I turn on my heels and run away, calling for the taxi appearing at the top of the road. It stops and I get in, giving him my address and telling him to step on it.  

(AN: I know it's short but I just want to get this bit up because the next few chapters are going to get a bit hectic and shizzle! Let me know what you think! Comment, vote, fan! Thank you!)