HABEEB & AMRAH

She walked out of the elavator her eyes surveying the lobby. Then I waved. She sighted me but walked to the reception. Few moments later she walked towards me and sat down.

Habeeb: "Sorry for bringing you out late.
Umh its something I need to ask you... And tell you."

She nodded fidgeting with her fingers as I continued.

Habeeb: Are you seeing someone?

*Amrah's inner thoughts: He sounded like he caught me cheating.*

"I meant back home" he asked scratching the back of his head.

Amrah: Why?

Habeeb's inner thoughts: why? What it why? Does that means she's seeing someone.? God i don carry last. She hesitated before answering. She is absolutely seeing someone else"

Habeeb: Can you just answer me please?

Amrah: No

Alhamdulillah his lips moved silently. He smiled and continued.

"Amrah from the first time I saw you, I had an urge of wanting to know you more. Then I got to know you and I became very overwhelmed by your pure innocence. At first I thought it was just an admiration or a simple crush *too cheesy right?* but when I started loosing sleep and all my night thoughts were replaced by you, it felt real and I felt determined to be part of your life.
I have prayed, fasted , I even prayed istikhara and Amrah everyday you kept growing in my heart.
I know it's just been weeks and you're not a kid anymore and you understand where I am coming from and Amrah I don't want to force you unto something that's why I came here to ask you tonight because it seems I can't handle more nights without knowing where I'm headed to.
Amrah I like you. I don't know if this is how people get asked and I keep convincing myself that you understand and/or even feel the same but I want to hear from you and umhh know if it's okay if I umhh I start seeing you? Not officially you can take your time.
But I just need an answer.
Is this okay?
Should this continue?
I mean Us.
Should we continue? "

I listened to each word carefully as he said them.

* Why am I not saying anything. What should I even say?*

"Amrah may I have the permission to get to know you better? And you get to know me too.. And if things go well...."

"I'll think about it". I interrupted

I didn't want to hear what he was about to say. If things go well what?

I stood up.

We're leaving tomorrow at noon. I need to get some sleep.

And without an answer I walked away.

*Habeeb's inner thoughts: nothing to say here.. her reaction was worse than a No. At least no was a word. Here goes nothing*

I let myself fall carefree on the bed and just then a feeling overcame me and I felt tears gushing out of my eyes.

What have I done?
Wait why am I even crying?
He doesn't expect a Yes just like that.
What if he's a serial killer.
I don't even know him well.

"Amrah may I have the permission to get to know you better....... and you get to know me well too...." His words kept replaying in my head.

I recited Ayatul Kursiyy and closed my eyes.

For the past few days I have came to admire him too, I don't know but it's happening too fast. Is this how it happens? How long does it take?
Love they say is a different experience for everyone.
I don't know what to do.
Ya Allah.

All traces of sleep were wiped off my eyes. I faced the wall clock and it was nearly 3am.
I got up and entered the toilet to perform ablution.
I placed the prayer mat facing the Qiblah and after 2 Raka'ats I started

" O Allah, I seek the counsel of Your Knowledge, and I seek the help of Your Omnipotence, and I beseech You for Your Magnificent Grace. Surely, You are Capable and I am not. You know and I know not, and You are the Knower of the unseen. O Allah, if You know that this matter [then mention the thing to be decided] is good for me in my religion and in my life and for my welfare in the life to come, - [or say: in this life and the afterlife] - then ordain it for me and make it easy for me, then bless me in it. And if You know that this matter is bad for me in my religion and in my life and for my welfare in the life to come, - [or say: in this life and the afterlife] - then distance it from me, and distance me from it, and ordain for me what is good wherever it may be, and help me to be content with it."

I fell like the Mount Uhud had been lifted off my shoulders after this.
Sleep took me in no time.

*****************************

Seeking guidance in forming a decision or choosing the proper course etc. [al Istikhaarah]

On the authority of Jaabir Ibn 'Adbullaah (radhi-yAllaahu 'anhu), he said: The Prophet (sal-Allaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) would instruct us to pray for guidance in all of our concerns, just as he would teach us a Soorah from the Qur'an. He (sal-Allaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) would say 'If any of you intends to undertake a matter then let him pray two supererogatory units [two rak'ah naafilah] of prayer and after which he should supplicate'