Qatar

AMMI | QATAR

The plane came to a stop.
Outside, the airport bus came to convey us to our different terminals.
I could see my parents getting to know the family that sat near us.

"It's you that stopped visiting us" Mummy complained.

"The last time I saw you was Abba's wedding. Now he has two kids" the other woman replied pointing at two of the kids that were hoovering near the bus trying to get in.

I tried avoiding them all by making a turn but Mummy's eyes caught me.
"Oh so now you can't even greet"?
She voiced out sounding angry.

"Good afternoon" I replied my head looking at the floor.
I didn't wait for their reply. I hopped into the bus and found a seat by the end corner and sat down.

"Seems like we're on the same transit" I scuffed under my breath.

It took us half an hour to get settled in the hotel.
I found the nearest sofa at the reception and sat down flipping through pages of a magazine as Ya Imran got our keys.

Our luggage arrived from the airport and as I jumped and grabbed my trolley from one of the hotel workers.
I went straight for the elavator after grabbing the card to our suite from Ya Imran.
The elavator door closed halfway when I saw Him signalled for me to stop it.
You must be kidding I said as I let it close letting out a mischievous grin.

It was a 4 bedroom suite.
I had to choose between sharing a room with the twins or with Adnan's babysitter.
Not the twins.
Never.

The next morning I woke up to an empty suite.
I remembered Talatu waking me up and warning that I'd miss the breakfast buffet if I came late. And also the sightseeing we were going before we leave the next day.

I hurried up a shower.
Wore a black Abaya with a lacy pattern at the bottom. I wore a black veil tied in a hijab.
After dabbing a little powder on my face I applied my favourite nude lips, a little humrah on my palms and neck then I stepped out.
"Who is this damsel" I smirked as I walked pass a tall mirror opposite the elavator.

Walking towards the restaurant filled with hotel guests having breakfast, I sighted Mummy sitting in a group of women or I say the "friend" she made on the plane"
The twins and Adnan busied themselves with the age mates the found on another table with Talatu and the other maid hovering round them making sure they are all right. Daddy was sitting next to Ya Amar and two others facing the opposite direction.
He looked up with a smile and announced
"Good morning Princess"
I smiled and gave him a hug as he kissed my cheeks.
"Good morning Daddy"
Ya Amar threw a little piece of bread on my face while I directed a teasing smile to him.
"Grow up" he said as I and Daddy laughed.

"Good morning" I said at the direction of Ya Imran and who of course but our new friends of the family *sarcastic*

I went to Mummy's table and greeted them just as my eyes caught the sight of a beautiful creature in the hands of her mother.
Omgg she's soo cute I said as I picked her up from her mother's lap.
I realised I didn't even ask for permission as I continued to wobble her cheeks making her laugh in the process.

"What's her name?" I asked the mother as I continued making faces at the baby who was still chuckling.
"Ikhram" her mother replied.
Awwn I said again as Mummy signalled me "pointing over a plate and the buffet table"

I carried the plate on one hand with the baby on another.
It was impossible to serve myself.
How do mothers do this? I said to myself as I sighed.