Mid Air

It was very uncomfortable. The cold was too. I have been on one position for a long time and the sleep I want so badly hasn't come. My legs were cold and numb. I was curled up in my Hijab but still cold.

The air hostess has passed multiple times with tea and coffee but I was just so angry to even request for one. 
I closed my eyes again hoping for sleep to come.

My heart skipped a beat.
I think someone touched me.
No that can't be it.
Hands were over my neck now.
What the hell is happening!.
The seat went down slowly and I could feel a hand touching my feet.
I sprang up my eyes all daggers.

"What the hell?"
I shouted at him.
The elderly woman and her daughter turned and were  looking at us.
He didn't answer me.
I wanted to start screaming but he stood up and left the seat.

"What was he thinking?"
I was furious.

Seeing Ya Imran interrupted me.
He sat down quitely and started.

"Amrah I know you're angry but that doesn't mean you should be raising your voice in public. You're a lady for God's sake. What Mummy did wasn't okay but you should have gotten up early like everyone".

He didn't even asked why I screamed. Why does everyone in this family hate me. Today is just a bad day for me.
The pervert came back and met Ya Imran on his seat.
He extended his hand and they said Salam to each other. I was out of words. What in the world is happening.

He sat down as the food trolley came.

"I'm sorry but it was quite a misunderstanding" I thought you were cold because you were shivering and the seat was uncomfortable so I tried to recline it and put a cover over you without waking you up."

Those are my family over their.
He pointed to the Lady and woman across us.

My sister and her baby and my mother. I won't do anything stupid to you and in their presence."
I walked away because  I didn't want you to cause a scene and I realised what I did was wrong. I have a sister and I wouldn't want some stranger on the plane doing this to her even though it might be helpful. I'm sorry.

I didn't look up as I continue fidgeting my fingers.
Should I apologise too.
But i didn't do anything wrong.
He deserved every reaction.
I just kept quite.

Talatu's voice interrupted my thoughts.

"Ya Ammi can I have Adnan's bag"

I looked at her and frowned as I pointed at the hand luggage  compartment above our seat.
It's obvious she couldn't reach the handle as she was struggling to open it.
He got up, opened the compartment and handed over the bag to her.
she muttered a  Thank you and walked away.

I was quite. I ate quitely and slept off afterwards.

I was asleep for minutes and behold there was someone's hands on my face again.
So after acting like a complete gentleman this person  is touching me again.
This time I wanted to just wakeup and slap him.
I woke up angryly to find Adnan's tiny feet on my face.
Poor Talatu had slept off and Adnan came to sit with me. He found me sleeping and decided to bother the person next to me.
They were watching a cartoon.
He was unbothered by my reaction. He didn't even notice it.
Adnan noticed I was up because I flung his tiny feet away from my face.

"Ya Ammi are you up? Have you stopped crying?

"She was crying in the car because Mummy wouldn't let her go back and get her phone. And we were late too. She takes a long time to shower and get ready so Mummy made her come with Pyjamas to the airport. That made her sad and she cried... Ya Amar said people will think she looks like Talatu our maid so she's angry at him too. She's angry at all of us. So I came to tell her sorry and she was sleeping."

Now I was beyond embarrassed.
If I were white my face would have been beet red. Adnan can talk a lot. And fast so before I could put my hand over his mouth he has said much already.

"Adnan (stop)."
I said raising my eyebrows.
"Go back to your seat and sleep".

I like it here" he replied  softly.
"I like watching cartoon with your friend. "

"He's not my friend" I said stressing on each word. "Now go away".

"He's just a kid. Go back to sleep and let him be."
He was speaking  quite softly for my liking.

What is your friends name"? Adnan uttered looking directly at me.

"Why don't you ask him"
I turned my face away adjusting the warm blanket so I could continue sleeping. 

"Habeeb" he replied

"My twin died", Adnan interrupted my thoughts. "Her name is Habeeba. So now you're my Twin. But since you're older I'll call you Ya Habeeb.
Ya Ammi calls her Twin Ya Amar too. He's older"

"Adnan please stop"  I mumbled pinching his toes. I could hear his giggles as he struggled to get his feet free. I raised my eyes and poor Talatu was standing next trying to pick him up. I guess she woke up and couldnt find him and came searching.

Few minutes later, I  dozed off again.