"Okay one week babysitting and unlimited supply of yahuza suya. Okay."

Did she just handed me the phone again.

I looked at her inquisitively.
She didn't reply as she pushed the phone to my face and got up.
I sat down and placed it on my ear.

Amrah.!
Hello.!
You still don't want to talk to me?

Umh

"Come on say something I just sold my soul to a week of babysitting her kids. At least let the last thing I hear be your voice."

"Mummy tana kira na" (Mum is calling me)

I dropped the call.

We came back after midnight. I had a brief moment of sleep during the ride back but remembering we had only the next day left, I hurriedly took a shower and walked to the Haram.
I prayed two raka'ats then proceeded to do my tawafs. I managed 14 rounds then stopped. I walked to the Hijr Isma'il but unluckily it was full and my body had began to ache. I walked back to the hotel and prayed two raka'ats of nawafil. I sat down on a chair facing the window panes. The view of the Ka'aba in front of me with people still going around it in worship.
"Makka is really the city that never sleeps"
I took out a mushaf (Holy Quran) resting on the table and read from Surah Yaseen.
I read silently but there was something really bothering me. My mind kept wandering to places and thoughts I couldn't put words to.
There is something I really need to pray over and ask Allah but I couldn't put it in words.
Something... or maybe someone...

"Ya Allah choose for me the best in my affairs"

"Ya Ammi someone wants to talk to you."
It was Talatu's voice that cut short my prayers.
I ignored her and continued.

"......Ya Allah I don't know what this feelings are but what ever it is make it easy for me."

"Yaya Ammi Habeeb wants to talk to you."

I picked the intercom next to me and half sleepy & almost angrily...

Yes?

Could you come down please?

I'm already asleep. Can it wait?

*sigh* Okay

Hello

Amrah I need to say this right now can you please.....

Can't you do it over the phone? I replied almost sleepy

Amrah it's kind of not cool to confess to someone over the phone.

Keyword: Confess? My eyes widened all traces of sleep wiped off.

Please give me a minute of your time.

Okay.

The lobby on the 1st floor.

Okay.

Mummy: "Where to?

"Abu zan karba a lobby" (I'm collecting something from the lobby)

Okay tell the receptionist to send up an extra sheet. Adnan soiled this one with juice

"Okay" I replied as I adjusted my veil over the abaya I wore.