Shinomiya, Mei 

Fire...

Fire everywhere.

That was the only thing that tainted her mind.

Where did it come from?

Why did it happen?

She shook her head. The two people infront of her looking down on her tired figure with tears in their eyes.

Who are these people?

"M-Mei? Do you remember us?" The elderly woman asked with a tissue on her hand, wiping her tears away.

"Who... Are you?" She looked at them in confusion.

"Mom and Dad, dear." The woman answered, pulling her into a hug.

"The doctor said that you lost your memories." The man beside the woman said.

"What was the last thing you remembered?" The man held her hand, rubbing it.

"Fire..." She trailed off.

"Ah, so she remembered that."

"Oh, honey, if we didn't leave her alone in the house-" the woman broke down, crying.

"Do you remember your name?"

"Shinomiya, Mei..." She looked at her so called "dad" in the eye. "She remembers her name, but not us?" Her mom cried.

"She's having a hard time gaining back her memories, it'll come back to her over time." The doctor flipped on a few papers.

"What... happened?" She trailed off. "Our house caught on fire and you were left alone in the house at that time." Her dad explained, "Luckily, one of the maids took you out, her risking her life as well to save you."

"D-Did she...?"

"Ahh, no, she just had a huge burn on her back, but other wise, the maid's fine." The doctor waved off. "I-I see..." Guilt was evident in her eyes.

"You'll be released by next week hopefully." The doctor said to her, reassuring her that everything is going to be fine. "O-Okay."

"Can I talk a walk?" She asked the doctor. "Yes, but I'll have to ask someone to accompany you."

"We'll accompany her, doctor." Her parents raised their hands. "Ah, then I'll help her up." The doctor went near her and helped her stand on her own.

Her feet were a bit wobbly and weak, so she had sit on a wheel chair to keep her from any pain.

I said I wanted to walk, now I'm being pushed in a wheel chair? She thought bitterly as her hands rested on the arm rests o  the wheel chair.

Her dad started pushing her outside the hospital and into their wonderful garden.

She breathed in and smiled at the scenery in front of her.

"Mom," she called out to her mom and the woman greeted her with a smile, "What is it dear?"

"What exactly happened?" Her voice sounded course and dry. "It's a long story, but let's not dwell on that now." Her father waved her off, "For now, we're prioritizing your health."

"I see..."

A pair of brown eyes flashed into her mind and she cringed at the sudden pain throbbing in her head.

"M-Mei?! Are you okay?" Her mother started panicking.

"Fine." She waved her mom off.

Strange. Who were those brown eyes from?