Civil War Spoilers Will Kill Ryan

A/N THERE WILL BE NO CIVIL WAR SPOILERS IN THIS STORY OR IN THE COMMENTS! THERE'LL BE LITTLE RANDOM MENTIONS BUT NOTHING THAT MAKES SENSE TO THOSE WHO HAVEN'T SEEN IT AND I DO THAT TO SAVE EVERYONE FROM SPOILERS. IF YOU MENTION SPOILERS IN THE COMMENTS I WILL SCREAM BECAUSE I DIDN'T EVEN WATCH THE TRAILERS BEFORE I SAW THE MOVIE BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO GET SPOILED, SO PLEASE DON'T RUIN IT FOR OTHERS. THANKS I LOVE YOU ALL! (i say this only because i mention it a bit and i don't want anyone to be all 'oh yeah remember the part when' and ruin it for anyone else)

The kids and I've been moping around in the loft the past couple of days. Dinner with Lex wasn't special at all, we just ate spaghetti and watched a few movies, then kicked him out. It really wasn't anything special.

He invited us to watch that new Captain America movie with him. I have to admit, I was really excited to see that movie. Have you seen Chris Evans? Georgie made me take a quiz and I'm his left bicep. Lex nearly tackled me when I got my result because he kept trying to get left bicep, but he only ever got right bicep, I don't even know.

I would give up everything for Captain America's biceps of freedom.

The movie, though, brought up a lot of emotions for all of us—even though I have no emotions!—and so now the three of us are moping around the house, occasionally shouting random bits of pain and realization. Georgie mentioned something about plums and Ryan burst out crying.

Georgie and I were just sitting in the living room. I was just doing some of my homework for college while Georgie was Instastalking that one guy who played Spiderman in the movie. Ryan was out with his friends and I probably should've paid more attention to who they were.

The doorbell started ringing way too fast. Georgie frowned, sighing because Ryan wasn't there to open it for her. She unlocked the door and screamed, nearly dodging the door swinging open to reveal Lex.

What's the kitten doing here?

"I took Ryan to the hospital, what's going on?" 

What the fuck? Lex didn't look so good, he looked like he just ran across the entire city. "What's going on?"

He spluttered, flailing his arms. "You tell me! Why was Ryan out with some kids carrying knives?"

My heart stopped. I grabbed Georgie's hand, running out the door. Lex followed, catching up. He grabbed my hand, leading me towards the hospital where Ryan is supposedly at. What was that little shit doing with kids and a knife? Damn, I need to watch my kids more. I turned to look at Georgie who was wheezing. Shit, she has asthma.

I picked her up, letting go of Lex's hand. She held her hand out, reaching out towards the traffic. Frowning, I watched as all the cars on the streets slowed to a stop. It wasn't like they were forced, like what Ryan's powers would make them do, but they stopped almost out of freewill.

We passed a car and I nearly fell over. The person driving was just sitting there, hands on the wheel, as if they were still driving. They had a blank look; it was like they were dead.

I looked back at Georgie who was crying. Her face was scrunched up and the tears just wouldn't stop falling. I ran faster towards Lex who was already standing at the entrance of the hospital. How long have we been running? I wanted to turn around, but Georgie was starting to scream from pain.

We burst into the disgusting hospital waiting area where everything felt so disinfected that there were germs everywhere, that's how I feel in hospital. Lex ran up to the woman at the check-in place and waved Georgie and I over.

There was the sound of cars again, honking and confused yelling. I looked down to see her passed out in my arms, a layer of sweat on her forehead.

We ran into the elevator, anxiously waiting for it to reach our floor. Lex reached out and wiped Georgie's forehead, pushing her hair back. I stared at him for the rest of the trip to Ryan's floor because what the fuck?

A nurse led us into the room where Ryan was. She wouldn't answer any of my questions, fuck you lady. I stared at her warily; that movie made me distrustful of everyone. She opened the door, telling us to be quiet and not bother him. Fuck you, lady.

I was so glad Georgie wasn't awake because I nearly screamed. Ryan was there on the hospital bed with bandages over his chest and head, dried blood near his eyes. He looked terrible and I wanted to cry.

"What did you do, you little shit!" I demanded, running over to him. That's my way of saying 'Are you okay' but Ryan knew that. 

Ryan shrugged, not looking at me. "Just wanted to be like you."

I had to keep myself from grabbing his shoulder. "I don't kill people. I don't hurt them. Damn it, Ryan, what did you do?"

He still didn't look at me. "I have friends 'nd they wanted to do something cool. I said this'd be cool and Jimmy said I was cool. Cooler than any of the Avengers and Steve said that I looked strong 'nd I like Jimmy and Steve and I wanted them to like me, so I did it."

I dropped my head onto the railing of the bed. "You stabbed someone because you have a crush on some kid?"

"Kids," he corrected, still not looking at me. "Well, I like Jimmy, but I like Steve too—" I cut him off. "Who'd you stab?"

He finally looked at me. "Your ex-boyfriend. Venimous."

A/N Yes, this chapter went all sorts of places, but I like to think it shows how much Declan's evolved. Whenever his kids are in danger, he stops being snarky. He was snarky at the beginning, serious when Georgie started crying, snarky with the nurse, then serious when he found Ryan. 

I told you we were going places with Ryan. I'm kind of scared at how he'll turn it, but you never know, it all depends on how expendable Ryan is to this story...