Crusty Potato Just Isn't The In Thing Anymore

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, um.... I just want to go get a soda. Does anyone else want one while I'm there?" he stood up quickly.

"Yes please Clark," I smiled.

"Me too please," Rebekah handed him money for both of our drinks.

"No, my shout," he scooted away.

"Aww, what a sweetie," Rebekah watched him go.

"He is sweet, kind & an all round good guy with a heart of gold," I spoke.

"You're telling me this because," she looked at me.

"Because he's all those things & he likes you," I whispered the last part.

"Well since you put it that way, I guess if he asked me out on a date I would consider it," she filed her already perfect nails.

"You won't regret it," I bounced on my seat.

"For your sake, I hope not," she nudged me.

"I know you love me," I put my head on her shoulder.

"Yes I do, lucky for you," she rested her head on mine.

Clark came back with three bottles of pop, "I hope these are ok for you ladies?"

"Sugar & caffeine, how can you go wrong?" Rebekah smiled at him.

                              We explained to Rebekah that Mr Creepy had taken a sudden leave of absence so we were basically free from after lunch, well at least until tomorrow.

"Oh well I guess I'll see you back at the room then," Rebekah spoke to me but smiled at Clark.

Clark blushed & I pulled on his sleeve, "come on Romeo."

Once we reached outside I stopped Clark from walking any further, "you have to ask her out on a date."

"Wait! What? You already talked to her?" his pink cheeks turned more into red.

"Isn't that the whole point? She did say if you asked her out she'd consider it & I'm pretty certain, 100% actually that the answer will be yes," I smiled.

He took a deep breath, "I'll come by around 5 then."

"That's my boy. I'll see you at 5," I skipped off toward my room.

                             I thought as I opened the door that I should perhaps start packing. It was a little after 1 o'clock, so I could get a little head start & then help Rebekah when she got back. It felt like only yesterday since I first unpacked, now I was packing up again. I started with my music collection & the books were next. I would leave a few clothes out since I always pre-planned my outfits anyway. I stacked the boxes nearest to the door.

                             I looked around the room & spotted the roses that Elijah had sent the day classes started. I got a couple of books out, some blank white paper; placing each rose, minus the stems, between the sheets & laying them in the middle of one of the books, placing the extra book on top of the now closed one. I would frame it as a memento for myself.

Rebekah came in just after 3.30, dumping her bag at the foot of her bed, "you didn't waste time did you?"

"Is that a bad thing?" I sat at my desk to work a little more on an assessment.

"No but I'd never guess you were a bit excited to be able to see Elijah whenever you wanted to," she began packing some clothes into her Gucci suitcases.