2; Sleep is for the Weak

Hamilton sat on the edge of his bed, his laptop on his lap. It was now 3 am, and he was still writing his essay. He was up to his 9th page, and he wasn't planning on stopping yet.

His fingers tapped rapidly against the keyboard, and Lafayette groaned, sitting up and facing Hamilton.

"Hamilton, it is putain de 3 am. Maybe go to sleep, because some of us need our beauty sleep."

"I can't, I haven't finished writing yet."

"You've been writing for a long time, mon ami. You really deserve a rest."

Hamilton shook his head, "Sorry, Lafayette, I really have to finish this."

Lafayette groaned and grabbed his phone from the night stand, texting Laurens.

Labaguette: Laurens, can you please tell your boyfriend to sleep.

Lauranzia: Who the heck are you talking about Laf

Labaguette: Hamilton. He is wrting and i cannot get to sleep.

Lauranzia: And what am I supposed to do about that ??

Labaguette: Tell him to sleep you imbécile

Lauranzia: Whatever, I'll come over

Labaguette: Thank you mon ami

Lafayette locked his phone and looked over to his side to still see Hamilton writing, He rolled his eyes.

"Mon ami, I called your petit ami to get you to sleep."

Hamilton ignored him and kept typing, his fingers growing slightly sore from writing for so long. Lafayette sighed and crossed his arms.

Soon, a tired Laurens, came through the door, as he owned a spare key. Hamilton looked up at him, confused slightly.

"Hamilton, Lafayette wanted me to tell you to sleep."

"I can't. I'm writing my essay."

"Well, I tried." Laurens shrugged, and turned to leave, but Lafayette grabbed his arms, glaring at him.

"Laurens, you are not going to leave yet you enfoiré. You are going to vigueur putain him to sleep, or Dieu aide moi Laurens, I'll détruire you."

Laurens turned around and rolled his eyes, "Okay, but it's your fault that I haven't gotten enough sleep."

Hamilton was still writing, but stopped when Laurens sat next to him and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Hamilton, could you please get some sleep. You look like you're dying."

"But-"

"Don't you dare say you haven't written enough. Your well being is more important than some dumb essay."

"Fine. But if I get a bad mark, I'm blaming it on you."

"I doubt you'll get a bad mark. If anyone's going to get a bad mark, it'll be me!"

Hamilton chuckled weakly, but yawned. Laurens laughed and shook his head whilst he walked towards the door, opening it.

"Well, both of you get some rest. I don't want to deal with both of your sleepy asses tomorrow."

Lafayette chuckled and smiled softly, "Do not fret, mon ami. I'll have my daily dose of coffee."

Laurens nodded and waved as he walked outside in the dark. It would be scary for most people, but Laurens wasn't afraid of it. He just embraced the dark. He let it surround him, drown him.

Hamilton sighed and closed his laptop, putting it on the table next to his bed. He looked over to Lafayette, who was already snoring. He smiled slightly and laid his head down, and closed his eyes, trying to sleep.

* * *

Hamilton was walking in the halls with his morning coffee, minding his own business, when a girl bumped into him.

"Oh my, I am so sorry!"

He chuckled and looked down at her. She was bright red, and looked shocked. It amused him slightly.

"It's quite alright. I'm Alexander Hamilton."

"I'm Eliza Schuyler! You're Laurens' boyfriend, right?"

"What?" He laughed, "No, no. Who told you that."

"Lafayette."

"Of course, Lafayette." He shook his head and smiled, "Well, I'm not his boyfriend."

She nodded and smiled, "Okay. But let's say you liked him, or anyone. If that happens, come to me and my sisters, Angelica and Peggy, for advice. We're the best with relationships."

Hamilton nodded, taking a sip of his coffee. He heard a few voices yelling through the hall. Three, to be exact. Two sounded extremely tired and the third sounded full of energy.

"Yo yo yo yo yo! What time is it?"

"SHOWTIME!"

He felt two hands pull at his shoulders and he fell onto somebody's chest. He heard the three people laugh. He shook his head and grinned.

"Honestly, guys, I was just trying to drink my coffee peacefully. Did you really need to do that?"

"Why of course we did mon ami! It's payback for not letting me sleep."

"Thanks to me, though," Laurens interrupted, grinning pridefully, "You got some rest. You should be thanking me, guys."

"Uh, non, mon ami. I won't be thanking anyone right now."

Hamilton stood up straight and took a sip from his coffee, then faced Lafayette.

"So you've been telling people that me and Laurens are dating?"

"Ah, yes. You two look cute together mon ami!"

"I only met him, like, yesterday."

"Love at first sight?"

Hamilton laughed, and shook his head. Laurens was just watching, his arms crossed, and a small grin plastered across his face.

"Look, Lafayette, we aren't dating. I don't date people if I've only known them for a day. Sure, if I knew him longer, maybe. But, that's unlikely."

"Whatever keeps you sleeping at night."

The bell rang, and Hamilton and Hercules headed off to French class. Laurens stayed behind to talk to Lafayette.

"Laf, did you really have to tell everyone that were dating?"

"Mon ami, of course I did!"

"Just because I think he's cute does not mean that we are in any way dating."

"But it's a good way to form a relationship."

"Just don't do that, you embarrassed me."

"Oh, mon ami, I won't do it again then. You have my word."

"Okay, good. Let's head off to class then."