"She'll call you back," I heard Jake say into the receiver and hung up on Joshua, my father the person whom I hate more than anything in the world. Funny thing is, if I hate him so much then why am I so upset at the prospect of him dying? Because as much as you hate him, you still love him. A voice whispered through my mind and it was right.

As much as I hated the man for turning his back on his family and kicking me out of his house when I needed him most I still loved him. Because of him I was able to find my true love, my other half. Because of him I was able to be strong willed and not take no for an answer. Because of him I found a family that loves me for me. Even if I did wish my childhood to be otherwise, I still love him.

"Samantha? Why are you crying?" Jake's voice broke through my thoughts and I looked up at him blankly. Just blinking my eyes at him because the word dam wasn't broken down.

"Sam? Are you alright?" He asked me and I shook my head no. I pointed at the phone and he looked at me skeptically. I pointed again and he gave it to me.

Once the homephone was in my reach I lifted my other hand up and punched in the numbers that would lead me to Sam's house. I needed my big brother right now. I needed Jake and Sam, right now.

I put the phone up to my ear and look at Jake, he looked upset. He was probably upset at the fact that I'm not speaking to him, at the fact that he's not being able to help me.

"Samantha please," he started and I held my hand out awkwardly for him. He picked me up and set me on the couch the whole time I was waiting for Sam or at least Emily to pick up the phone.

"Hello?" I heard Sam ask in a sleepy manner. Suddenly the word dam in my throat broke words were able to come out.

"Sam?" My voice wailed and Jake tensed hearing me sound so broken.

"What's wrong? What happened? Who hurt you?" Sam asked at once his voice going hard.

"It's dad," I said and tears started fall even faster down my face. I couldn't stop crying and it seemed like I can't stop.

"What about Josh," I heard his voice take on a distant manner, whenever dad is mention in a topic he starts to build a wall to the topic.

"He's dying," I uttered and my voice squeaked at the end.

"Is that all?" He asked in a bored manner and I became angry at my brother.

"What do you mean that's all?" I roared and Jake jumped underneath me. I stood up and paced around the room my tears stopping suddenly. "Well it's not like he was ever around. I don't know why you are getting so broken up about it?" He asked in an uninterested manner.

"He. Gave. You. Life. Samuel." I said with each breath and teeth clenched.

"And that's all he ever did for us. He left mom and he left you!" He shouted back. "He's dying and you need to talk to him!" I roared and hanged up on him. I then fell to my knees again tears pouring out with renewed energy.

"Sam, talk to me. What's the matter?" Jake asked me, pleading with me. "My dad is dying," I choked out and he hugged me close to him.

After an hour of crying into Jake I was able to bring it to a hiccup. "I gotta call him," I said and Jake looked at me wearily. Like I might cry again and I gave him a weak smile. "I'm fine, I promise." He nodded and left me alone to call my father. I knew he was still listening in from the kitchen. So I sighed and grabbed the phone off the floor and dialed back the number that my father called me at.

"Hello?" He said sounding healthy and I got whiplashed. Didn't he just sound so sick when he called.

"Dad?" I asked hesitantly did I call the right number?