Chapter Twenty Three

Kim Tae Hyung POV

I laid on my bed, staring blankly up at the white ceiling. All I could think of was Jungkook - his eyes, his nose, his lips...his smile...

But it's gone now.

I am lonely again.

Kim Taehyung, wake up!
Don't forget you're Kim Taehyung!
You hate losing, so are you gonna give up just like that without even trying?

Suddenly I felt confidence go through me. This wasn't the time to sulk around.

I am Kim Taehyung! I hate losing!

With a firm decision, I got out of bed; grabbed my jacket and car keys and left in a dash.

I don't want to be lonely again.

Jeon Jung Kook POV

I was in my room; packing up with a heavy heart.
I thought about Taehyung - and the face he made when I told him goodbye. He looked so sad.
I don't want to leave, but what can I do?

My father had tried to convince my mother...but she was stern about her decision.
She doesn't wants me to waste away my life by getting married; and that to a boy.

As I packed up my things, I heard the sound of a car approaching.
I rushed over to the window and spotted Taehyung's red Porsche in the driveway.

"Jeon Jungkook!," Taehyung shouted as he banged furiously on the front door.

My heart skipped a beat.

"Taehyung ~ ," I called his name with a smile; happy to finally see his face.
I dashed out my room and downstairs to meet him; only to find my mother talking to him.

I peeked a look at Taehyung. Immediately I got worried. Why does he looks so shocked?
As my mother closed the door, Taehyung's surprised gaze met mine.

And then the door slammed shut.

Our gaze broken.

My mother turned to me with a serious glare. "There! He won't be bothering us anymore," she muttered.

I bit my lip hard as I looked away. I was angry. My blood boiled.
Why does she hate...me?

"I really...hate you, mother...," I muttered through gritted teeth.

My mother gasped in shock when she heard those hurting words.
"Wha - What did you say?!," my mother shrieked. She was freaking out now.

"Don't make me repeat myself...," I muttered with a disgusted look.

"Jungkook!," my mother shouted at me angrily as tears filled her brown eyes.

Without a word, I went back to my room.

Kim Tae Hyung POV

I drove back to my place. I bit my lower lip; cursing and murmuring in frustration.
The speedometer pointed over 120 km/hr, but I couldn't care less.

Jungkook is leaving. He's really leaving me.

Is that the reason why he refused to see me?
Is that the reason why he refused to answer my calls or text me back?