Chapter Twenty

Namjin moments!!!!!!

******

Kim Seok Jin POV

"Jungkook, are you hurt somewhere?," Hoseok asked as he took a big bite from Jimin's burger.

"No. Why?," Jungkook said innocently and he took a sip from Taehyung's juice.

I rolled my eyes.

Indirect kiss...

"Because you refused to change for swimming class," Hoseok informed.

That question intrigued me.

In an impulse, Jungkook spurted out the juice and started coughing hard. "You okay?,"Taehyung asked worriedly as he patted on Jungkook's back.

I stared at them suspiciously.

"Jungkook, that's really disgusting!," Namjoon complained as he shifted away from him.

"I'm...sorry...," Jungkook apologized shyly as he gasped for breath.

"I didn't know you hated water," Yoongi groaned sleepily as he rested his head on his hand.

"I like water. It's just...," Jungkook spoke up with a hesitant smile.

"It's just what?," I asked curiously.

"Complicated!," Taehyung answered with a smile.

"Taehyung, you sound happy about his complicated life! Why you - ," Hoseok scolded angrily.

"Don't stress yourself, honey!," Jimin said with a smile as he held Hoseok back.

"Don't sh ~ sho ~ shout ~ ," Yoongi said as he yawned; opening his mouth big.
He closed his eyes; and after silencing us he fell asleep.

I shot a deathly glare at Taehyung who smiled back at me in triumph.

It was soon Home Economics class, and we were ordered to make webfoot octopus and it's sauce.
My partner was Namjoon.
He was the worst in cooking. When he cooked, it wasn't the food that burnt but the frypan.

As I stirred the mixture of the sauce, I looked over to see what Namjoon was doing.
I frowned when I saw that he didn't even know how to use a knife.

"Hold it properly!," I informed.

"Like this?," Namjoon murmured as he tilted the knife to it's sharp side.

I nodded.

Namjoon placed the onion on the cutting board. He was gonna cut it but stopped when I shrieked, "Aren't you gonna peel it first?!"

"I have to peel it?," Namjoon groaned as he placed the knife down. "Isn't it easier to cook with it's peel on?," he suggested as he picked up the onion.

You must be crazy.

"Peel it!," I shouted angrily.

Namjoon frowned. "This is hard!," Namjoon complained as he struggled to peel off the onion. "I think peeling you off is easier!," he teased with a smile.

"Stop spouting nonsense and do your work!," I shouted at him; feeling embarrassed at his comment.

I finished making the sauce and the base ingredients for the dish; and Namjoon...

I frowned.

He had just finished peeling his first onion.

And then came the cutting part -

Namjoon placed the onion down on the cutting board and then put the knife on it. And then he just rubbed it on the board.

"Hey! You idiot!," I shouted angrily as I snatched the knife away from him.
Namjoon looked at me innocently.

"Cut it like this!," I explained as I showed off my great cooking skills.
Namjoon watched me with a studying look.

"Here. Do it properly!," I ordered as I handed the knife back to him.
Namjoon took it and then he started cutting the onions in a proper way.

I watched him cut carefully.

"Don't look at me like that or I'll cut myself!," Namjoon muttered seriously.

"You must be going crazy...," I frowned. Sometimes he says the most weird things...just like Taehyung.

Finally he finished chopping his first onion. Although it was in shambles, well...at least he tried.

"I did well! Are you proud of me!?," Namjoon asked smiling happily at his success.

"It's not so bad....," I murmured.

Namjoon pouted angrily as he turned away. He wanted to hear from me that he did well.

I just smiled.

I'm proud of you.

Jung Kook POV

School was over.
As Taehyung and I neared our apartment, we saw a man standing outside our front door.

"Is it a thief? But he isn't hiding his face...," I muttered as I carefully checked out the man.

"Thieves showing off their faces in public, just wah...," Taehyung said sarcastically.

Somehow that man seemed familiar.

Could it be - ?

"Appa!," I called happily as I ran up to him. Taehyung followed behind me.

My father turned to me and smiled. We exchanged tight hugs and greetings.

"Hello, Mr. Jeon, how are you?," Taehyung greeted politely with a smile.

"Taehyung, hi! I'm fine. How are you?," my father said smiling as he turned to Taehyung.

"I'm good!," Taehyung replied.

"So, what brings you here, appa?," I asked curiously to my father.

"I have something to tell you...in private...," my father spoke up with a hesitant smile.

I blinked.

"I'll give you two some privacy then...," Taehyung spoke up quickly.

I handed him the apartment keys. He unlocked the door and went in, closing the door behind.

"So, what is it you want to tell me?," I asked with a fake smile; wishing it would be a good news.

Kim Tae Hyung POV

I placed my ear on the closed door and listened in to their conversation.
I know spying isn't good; but Jungkook's my fiancé, so I have every right to know about his life.

"So, what is it you want to tell me?," I hear Jungkook ask with a slight chuckle.

It's fake, and I know he's a bit scared.

"Jungkook....," Mr. Jeon spoke up in his husky tone; his voice doesn't resembles Jungkook's sweet vocals at all.

"What is it, appa?," Jungkook asked. He was clearly getting impatient.

"Your...Jungkook, your mother's back!," Mr. Jeon declared; and I heard Jungkook gasp in shock.

After so many years, Jungkook's mother is finally back.
Isn't that a good thing?

******
(A/N) Surprise. Surprise.