Chapter Seventeen

[Lily's POV]

"Mom it's going to be alright. Ill come back mom. I promise." I reassured my worried mother who was crying. Her tears shamelessly slid down her cheek, smearing her mascara. I kissed her wet cheek, wrapping her in a hug.

"You leaving Lily. Your being sold." She cried, "Like an animal."

"Shh..." I pulled back from her, smiling weakly. "It's something I can't change mom."

"I know, my little girl is all grown up now." My mother sniffled. She attempted to stop crying only to cry harder. I placed my hand on her large belly, which had a single life inside. My baby brother that I would never get to meet. I wouldn't cry, I had to stay strong for my mom.

"Take care of the baby." I told her, patting her stomach. She laughed through her tears. I placed a soft kiss on her wet cheek before facing my grandmother. Her old eyes were tearless as she raised her head. I had always admired her courage and wisdom.

Now she stood tall and proud unlike my bawling mother. She wouldn't cry, she never cried. Instead she placed her hands on my shoulders, nodding to me.

"Listen to me Lily. Your going to stay alive, your gong to
live."

I nodded to her, my head bobbing up and down slowly as she smiled sadly. She kissed me on the forehead before pulling something out of her pocket. It was a necklace with a key on it. The key was silver with swirls on it. There were two blue jewels.

"Take this with you. It will protect you from any evil that lurks near you." She said. I turned around, lifting my hair up as she clasped the necklace on my neck. I looked down at it, the gems reflecting the sunlight.

"Thank you." I looked over at my only aunt who stood by the train station bench, Isabelle holding her hand.

"Aunt Eva!" I called out. I hadn't expected them to come see my departure. For the most part their family laid low so no vampires caught sight of them. Just being here risked everything they had worked for. "What are you doing here?"

"Isabelle wanted to say goodbye." She let go of the child's hand. Isabelle instantly came running into my arms, crying. I rubbed her back trying to soothe her.

"Shh....Isabelle it's ok." I told the crying child. I knelt down placing my hands on her arms. "I'll come back someday."

"Who will play dolls with me? Who will play tea party with me?!" Isabelle sniffled sadly. Her eyes were filled with tears, the child biting her lip, a habit she had picked up from me. "Don't go Lily!"

"I have to Isabelle. This isn't going to last forever. I'll come back." I told her sternly though I wasn't sure. My hands went up to my neck and my fingertips touched the cool silver key around my neck. Would I come back, ever? Would I even be alive next week?

"All 18 year old woman please come onto the train in the order we call you!"

"Isabelle I don't have much time-"

"Alexandra Hicks!"

"Lily!" Isabelle cried her small hands reaching out to me. I placed her smaller hand in mine kissing it before giving it a squeeze.

"You'll be alright Isabelle."

"Lily Ferona!"

"LILY COME BACK!" I could hear Isabelle's loud cries as I climbed aboard. I felt myself being pushed forward, my hands grasping the side of the train. I peered out the window, my heartbreaking as I saw Isabelle's crying figure. She clung onto Aunt Eva as they kept calling names. I watched for what seemed like forever before the train gave a shudder before slowly starting to move.

"Goodbye."

•••••••••••••••••

My eyes fluttered open and I let out a gasp. Panic flooded through me as I thought of what had happened. Mom. Grandma. Isabelle. Aunt Eva.

Aunt Eva!

Where was she now? Why was Isabelle with my mother, not her own mother? Where was my little brother that was supposed to be born before...before...

I couldn't admit it to myself. Not yet. I could say the word. My chest tightened as I remembered her pleading screams mixed in with my grandmothers. I closed my eyes, trying to stop thinking of that. My hand then went to my neck, realizing that I had taken off that the necklace the first day that I had gotten here. Now with my grandmother gone I felt the need to hold it in my hand.

Untill now, I hadn't realized that I was in someone's arms. I turned my head, half afraid that Louis would be smiling down at me with his sinister smile. I instantly relaxed as I realized that it was Harry. He seemed to be sleeping, his arms wrapped tightly around me as if protecting me. His eyebrows were furrowed and his hair was no longer gelled up but was in its usual position.

"Harry..." I whispered softly. I watched as his eyebrows raised slightly before his eyes flickered open. Instantly he was alert, his attention on me as he sat up more so I was not sitting on his legs.

"How are you feeling?" He asked softly, his voice quiet and patient. He bit the inside of his cheek.

"Terrible." I said bluntly. "Harry it hurts."

My heart called for my...my...lost...family and grief flooded through me, making my throat feel as if it was burning. My eyes stung as tears already started pushing their way out of my eyes.

"
I'm sorry." His apology was simple but I knew he ment it. Apologizing did not come naturally to him- to both of us. I shook my head slowly at him.

"It's not your fault. You didn't do anything."

"But he did." He growled, his body tense. His breathing became faster as his eyes flooded with anger and his grip tightened around me. I shifted my weight in his arms, biting my lip.

"He's your best mate Harry-"

"Was." he corrected sternly. I turned away from him. No matter how much I wanted to blame Louis, I couldn't fully do it. Part of me was telling me it was my fault. It was true, Louis had warned me that there would be punishments if I broke his rules. It was my fault.

On the other hand, that was too far. Too. Far. He had killed my innocent family because of my actions. They hadn't done anything- I had. If he wanted punishment, he should have attacked me. Instead he preyed on the innocent which disgusted me. Was he that sick to have involved my family, who had nothing to do with this?

But even after what he had done, I knew it was killing him too. I had seen that guilty flash of light in his eyes, the horror when Harry had yelled at him. He had done what he thought was best for his friend, even if he decided to go about it in a sick way.

"Harry...Don't let me get in the way of your friendship..." I muttered. I knew he was missing his best mate no matter how angry he was at him. From what I had heard, they had been best mates for a very very long time.

Even if I could never forgive Louis, I wanted him to. "I'm not worth it."

"You are worth it to me."

"Harry, you've been best friends with Louis for who knows how long. I can't forgive him-never. But you can. "

"Lily, he killed your family. Do you expect me to be just OK with that?" His eyes were fired up now, those emerald green eyes intense and burning. I didn't look away- I couldn't.

"Yes." I whispered softly that even I could barely hear myself. I didn't mean anything to him. I was just his blood slave.

I wasn't the prettiest girl.

I wasn't the smartest girl.

I wasn't the strongest girl.

I wasn't the bravest girl.

I was no one important. I couldn't give him the world, what I could give, anyone could give. But instead of sulking around, I was going to do what I'd been dying to do for a while now.

"Lily..."

"No listen." I interrupted. "Harry you have no reason to care. I'm just your blood servant and your my master-but you know what? I care about you. I want you to go ahead and make amends with Louis-be happy! Oh F*ck this- I like you Harry. I don't care if you don't feel the same but I need you to know. I'm not the prettiest girl, I'll admit. I'm not the smartest, bravest or strongest. But you know what, I have one thing to offer you that those girls can't. I'll give you everything I've got, Harry. I'll be yours if you let me."

Through out my whole speech, Harry's face had remained stony. It scared me now, this blank expression.

"Are you done?" I knew it. I f*cking knew it. He didn't feel the same for me. My heart was shattering as I stood there, my pride with it.

"Yes."

"Good."

Without warning, his lips crashed onto mine.

Lirry kiss...I suck at writing romantic things lol