Chapter Twenty Three

[Lily's POV]

'My eyes opened. I was in a meadow, the breeze making my hair flow out behind me. I bit my lip, searching. Searching for someone. I knew he was here, I could feel it. His presence always made me tingle and freeze. I felt that now, yet I could not see him.

"Harry?" I turned, coming face to face with him. I smiled inside. I had found him. He smiled back at me, his warm hand brushing against my cheek. His smile was filled with adoration but it did not reach his eyes.

"Something wrong?" I asked curiously. What was it?" Have I done something to upset you?"

"Yes." Harry said making me cringe. His face was suddenly dark and cold, his fangs bared as his hands grabbed my wrists, restraining me. "You drank it."

"Drank what?"

"Drank the veil. You naughty naughty girl." He purred before he lunged.

☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁

The first thing I heard was beeping. The sound of a heart monitor beeping. I opened one eye, shutting it quickly as blinding lights filled my view. After a few more moments, I opened both eyes.

Everything was blurry. I sighed in relief as my eyes started adjusting to the bright lighting. I was in a room, a plain white room. I shuffled through my memories and a light bulb went off it my head. This was Niall's hospital.

When I tried to move, I noticed two things. One, I was sore. Extremely sore. Two, someone's hand was holding mine. I turned my head, already knowing what I would find- or who I would find. Harry's large hand wrapped my smaller one and his head rested on the side of the bed. His soft snores made me giggle and his mouth parted. Hearing me, his eyes shot open.

"Lily." He breathed, blinking. I smiled shyly at him. I watched as his face was joyful before anger replaced his gaze. "Don't you dare do that again."

"At least we know that the blue liquid isn't poison." I said sheepishly. He rolled his eyes, the anger slowly melting off his face as he rested his head on my lap, closing his eyes.

"Stupid stupid stupid." He muttered. I used my free hand to stroke his curls, my eyes glued onto his face. His face lit up slightly with pleasure, like a cat being petted. The steady beep of the heart monitor oddly soothed me. I was alive.

"Lily?" Harry asked softly. His voice was huskier than usual.

"Mmhh?" I peered at him, brushing the hair out of his face. His eyes opened, those green eyes staring up at me.

"Why'd you do that?"

"Do what?"

"Drink it." He said. I bit my lip, looking away. I didn't really know. It was a spur in the moment type of thing really. I wanted to feel like I was important- feel like I was helping him. Instead of saying my thoughts out loud I just shrugged.

"I don't know." Harry rolled his eyes before setting his head down again. I leaned down, kissing his the top of his head. I could see his lips form a smile. He liked it.

"Lily?" Harry and I raised our heads at the same time, resulting in us clanking heads. I scolded him before looking up at Niall, rubbing my head. He was in a doctors coat, his blue eyes filled with worry. He was holding a clipboard in his hand and a pen in the other. "How are you feeling?"

"Sore." I said honestly. Niall grabbed a chair from the corner of the room, setting it down next to Harry's. "Did you..figure out what the blue liquid was?"

"It's something I couldn't heal. Your body was going into shock so it began to shut down. We thought you were going to die but then it just...stopped. Your body returned to normal and here you are now." Niall explained. I watched him write down the word 'sore' next to symptoms on the clipboard. He looked up, "Liam's running some more tests from how your body reacted and from the remains of the liquid that were on the tube."

"So, it doesn't do anything?" I asked, relieved.

"From the looks of it, it hasn't done anything yet." Niall smiled up at me. "Only time will tell."

I sighed in relief. Nothing had happened. Nothing. Maybe the witch had just left an unfinished potion?

"So..." Niall gripped my hands, smiling.

"Niall! Hands off my girlfriend!" Harry joked, swatting Niall away. Niall's grin widened to the point where I thought his lips wouldn't stretch any further. He skipped out of the room. Skipped.

"So, I'm your girlfriend now?" I asked with a monotone voice. I restrained myself from smiling, keeping my face blank.

Harry's face filled with panic as he searched my face desperately. I couldn't help but laugh, making his face go from panicked to confused.

"I'll be your girlfriend, if you want that." I whispered. I grabbed him by his shirt collar, pulling his face closer to mine. Geez I was being quite bold today, look who got brave.

"Mmhh...I want that." Harry purred, before slowly placing his lips onto mine. I could feel him smile through the kiss, making me smile wider. He slid his tongue into my mouth, our lips moving in synch.

As we pulled away, our foreheads pressed together. I stared into his green eyes which were brighter than usual. He resembled a purring kitten as he smiled at me. I laughed, making him laugh. I could feel his forehead move as his laughs shook his body.

I felt happy.

If only this could last forever.

Aww Lirry is so cute! No cliffy this time! I'll dedicate the next chapter to the biggest Lirry fan! Write in the comments below why YOU love Lirry!:)