Chapter Twenty One

[Lily's POV]

"You idiot!" Harry's fist sailed through the air hitting Liam square in the face. I heard a sickening crack as he fell back. He raised his head, his face covered in blood. His nose was slightly crooked. Noticing that, Liam shifted it back in place, wincing as his face started to heal. Harry lunged once more, pushing him back. "I knew this project was a bad idea!"

"Right, break it up! Harry, beating him up isn't going to solve anything." Niall reasoned, pulling him back. Harry grumbled but didn't resist but instead stared at Liam with anger flaring in his eyes.

"Zayn, did you not see this coming?" Louis asked pointedly. He glanced at Zayn who had remained silent this whole time, his eyebrows furrowed. "Zayn, did you hear me?"

"Yes. I tried to look into the future but something is blocking me." Zayn said confused.

"But the only person that can do that is the witch-" Liams eyes widened and he scrambled to his feet. "Louis get someone to check on the witches house- now."

Louis's eyes widened and he ran out of the room, shouting orders. I looked at Niall in confusion, knowing that Harry was currently not in the mood to answer questions.

"The witch?" I asked.

"The witch population was killed a few hundred years ago. Right now there's only one witch in the world, Bonnie Crasade. She's an old woman, evil one too." Niall shuddered dramatically.

"So that means-"

"She's helping whoever is behind this." Harry joined the conversation, his eyebrows furrowed.

"The witch is gone!" Louis screamed as he bursted into the room. He seemed pale at the moment, his blue eyes wide with panic. "They've got the project and the witch!"

Everyone, including me turned to Liam who wrinkled his nose. When he noticed us all watching him, he jumped slightly as if he were startled before he tilted his head to think. His eyebrows furrowed and you could practically see his brain at work from his expression.

"Whoever it is knows the lab really well. After all any normal person would just fall prey to the traps." Liam said, his chin resting on his hand as he thought somemore. "They also somehow knew about the project. Maybe it was that witch-"

"You told Bonnie?!"

"Well I needed her help completing it. After I finally got Zayn and Harry to give me their blood I was stumped- and then I figured out that all it needed was magic." Liam waved his hands around, his eyes distant, the dreamy look he sometimes got on his face. He grinned widely at us. "Hey at least we can see if the project will work!"

"IDIOT!" Harry growled, going to go punch Liam again. Niall and Louis held him back, both of their feet being slightly dragged forward as Harry struggled against them.

"L-i-l-y!" Niall groaned as Harry continued to struggle against the two of them. "Do something!?"

"Why me??"

"Because you two are Lirry." Liam, Niall and Zayn said together whilst Louis stayed silent. I rolled my eyes at Harry and I's ship name that Niall had come up with. I looked at Niall, my eyebrow raised and he gave me a smug smile.

I walked over to Harry who was practically burning holes in Liam's head with his eyes. I leaned into Harry, going to kiss his cheek. At the last second, he turned his head, Liam forgotten and smashed his lips onto mine. I stumbled back slightly out of surprise. That sneaky bastard!

His lips were soft and surprisingly gentle despite the anger that he had felt just moments ago. Hands cupping my face he slowly pulled away, his lips brushing against mine. His heavy breaths and mine mingled together as we looked into each others eyes, everything forgotten.

Time seemed to just...

Stop.

"Anyway..." Louis cleared his throat, making us split apart. Knowing Louis, I tried to step away from Harry only to have him grab my wrist, pulling me close. Louis jaw was tense before Niall hit him on the head playfully, making him blink.

"Cute-too cute." Niall clapped like a seal, his grin wide. His eyes sparkled and he looked like he had just won the million dollar lottery.

"We have more important things to discuss!" Louis interrupted, his tone hard. Him and Harry stared at each other, eyes lighting with fire. Blue and Green clashed as their gazes met. You could almost feel the tension bouncing off of them in waves.

"Oh..right." Niall agreed trying to ease the tension. He stepped in between them, shooting them each a warning look. Thunder crackled outside, startling me. Just minutes ago it had been sunny. "Aw Lou don't make it thunder!"

The thunder gave one last loud bang before it died down. Louis snorted before sitting back down beside Zayn. So that's what Louis could do. I shuddered thinking about the time I couldn't sleep because of the thunder. Had that been Louis too?

Zayn suddenly shuddered, gripping the chair tightly. He winced, his eyes wide as he held his breath. I watched in horror as he started to choke, his hands flying to his neck. Bright droplets of blood came out of his mouth as he bent over in pain.

Niall, who had rushed to his side suddenly doubled over. He leaned against the wall, cupping his neck with his hands. He slid down the wall, panic in his eyes. His free hand gripped the carpet, his eyes closing.

"Oh my gosh." I watched as Louis fell to his knees, coughing up blood. His forehead dripped with sweat as he panted, coughing loudly. I watched as Liam slid down beside Louis, his eyes closed tightly in pain.

What was happening?

Harry's grip tightened around my wrist and I turned, horrified. I let him lean his weight on me as we slowly slid down to the floor. His green eyes were wide, his iris's dilating. He held onto my shoulder, his head on my chest as he started to wheeze.

"Harry!" I held him in my arms, not willing to let go. The lords and even the king- all powerful- were now lying helpless on the floor, coughing up blood and choking.

...

Silence filled the room. Not a single breath or cough was heard as they suddenly stopped thrashing on the ground. We looked around at one another, fear in all of our eyes. What had just happened? Slowly, everyones eyes met Liam's as he sat up, his eyes narrowed before he spoke. The horrifying words that I never wanted to hear were said.

"Someone drank the project."

Alright! So for those of you who are confused look here! When someone drinks the project the lords and king will feel weakened because their powers and skills are being drained. They will only feel that way until the person who drank the project fully absorbs all five of their powers. After that the lords powers will return to normal.

LIRRY ON THE SIDE!:)

Sorry for the short chapter:( Short chapters are at least better than taking longer to update though right?