Chapter 2

Hartley's P.O.V

I wake up to my annoying sound that I have listened to for the past two years. The noise tells me, it is time to wake up to endure another day of school. I pull the blanket over my face, knowing that I have to face my crush again today. She sits next to me Maths, I haven't told my parents that I bat for the other side. I have to wait a while because they are still grieving about Aida. I know it's been fourteen years but dad just can't seem to get other the fact that she is gone. We still celebrate her birthday and visit her grave at christmas and her birthday. After staying in bed for another two minutes till I drag the blanket off my body and I force myself out of bed. I rub my eyes making sure I get rid of all the sleepy dust. I yank my hair into a messy bun and start making my way downstairs. As my feet touch the ground they slowly warm up.
I smell the scent of cooked bacon downstairs, only me and dad eat it, though. Mom is still a vegetarian.

Goose, who is now very old greets me at the kitchen door, she starts to jump up onto me nearly pushing me over.

"Down Goose. Morning love." Moms says while getting Goose down as she continuously jumps up on me.

"Morning," I reply as I sit down at the table. Mom serves me a plate of bacon, eggs and beans. I scoff it down like I haven't eaten for days.

"Someone must be hungry," Dad says as he walks into the kitchen, then kissing me on the forehead. I nod agreeing. He then moves onto mom, kissing her on the lips.

"Please get a room." I moan, as I put my plate on the side, for mom to wash up.

"Well, we are amazingly in love." Dads say going in for another kiss. I turn away and head back upstairs. I chuck on something old from my wardrobe and then go towards my mirror.

I grab my makeup and get the perfume. I put my usual makeup on, I learnt how to put on an everyday makeup look by mom's friend Zoe or Zoella as some people might know her. I spray myself with perfume and then grab my backpack and head out for the door.

"Bye mom.. Bye, dad." I shout from the door while grabbing my set of keys.

"Bye sweetheart." The both shout from the other room.

I walk out the door and make my way to the bus station. I wait for my friend Beth to arrive, she usually arrives just as the bus arrives. Which she does today, right on cue like normal.

Being the child of a celebrity's is not fun at school. The first day I got asked whether I could sign stuff, take pictures with everyone, it was a bit strange for the first week or two. Whenever there was a new kid around they would always want either a photo or an autograph, so being me I give it to them, so they would stop harassing me. After that week I started getting bullied by people at school. Because they know that I am an accident and that I wasn't planned and that I was born with the help of my mom's friends but we had that sorted out within days, so I don't get bullied that often, I occasionally get called  "Grester baby" but I have got used to blocking that out. My friends have got over the whole I am the "Grester baby", and that my parents were famous. They like me for me, I'm not Grester baby to them. I am just normal Hartley.

"Hey Beth, you ok?" I ask as we sit down next to each other on the bus.

"Yep. Just worried about the test that's all." Beth says steadying her shaking hands. She has always been a worrier, her brother does drugs and her sister committed suicide, so she wants to show her parents that she can be different. So she is the one that always revises, asks for extra homework, gets her homework in early but I wouldn't have her any other way.

"You will do amazing. Cuz you have revised. I'm stuffed I haven't revised and never have for any test." I reply steadying my hands on her hands, making them stop shaking.

"You sure?"

"Beth, since when have you never passed a test?"

"Never."

"See there you go. You will do amazingly. Me on the other hand, I am feeling rubbish my head hurts and I can't concentrate on anything." I explain while massaging my head.

"Want some aspirin?"

"If you have some, yes please."

"Here you go," Beth exclaims, popping the pill from the packet onto my hand. She passes me her water bottle and I pop the pill into my mouth and swallowing them with the water. 

"Thanks, that should work," I explain, giving her her water bottle back.

"My pleasure. Can't have Grester Baby ill."

"Oi," I say, jokingly hitting her. Soon we are having laughing fits.

"I'm sorry but I had to say it."

"Well, Constance," I say teasing her with her middle name that she hates.

"NOO!"

"I'm going to constantly annoy you with that."

"Ok, pun master has now upgraded to pun level twenty-two." Beth laughs.

"Thank you. Thank you very much." I laugh. We start to go into a barrel of laughter again.

"Right let's actually get into school, she is probably waiting for us."

"Yeah, alright come on." We laugh, starting to walk again.

We arrive at school with ten minutes before the first lesson and it's busy as per usual. We stand around the tree that we always wait around for everyone else to arrive.