Eleven

Eleven

I must have fallen asleep. Or passed out. Either way, at this moment, I didn't really care. It was warm. Comforting. Safe. It felt like home. I snuggled closer to the source. My backside getting colder as the blanket shifted down. A shiver ran down my spine as a hand trailed up my back. I sighed contentedly. Not wanting to open my eyes and face the reality I knew would be laying in front of me.

"Renee," His husky voice shot a different kind of warmth through me. I didn't want to have the conversation that I knew awaited me if I spoke up. I opted to pretend to still be sleeping. I wrapped my arm around his waist. There was no way of him knowing I was awake. "Renee, your heart beat is a second faster when your awake than when you sleep." I groaned inwardly. Of course. He was a werewolf. "Don't get me wrong, love. I enjoy your body against just as much as I know you enjoy it. However," He kissed the top of my head. "I have pack to run and protect."

Slowly I opened my eyes. The late morning sun shone through the slightly parted red drapes. It fell gracefull across the bed, and illuminated Knights naked chest, and in turn my scantily clad one. I squeezed my eyes shut once more. Burying my head into his chest. His chest rumbled as he laughed.

"Oh how I wish I could wile away these daylight hours with you. But, my beautiful mate, I have work to do. And you," He rubbed my lower back. "Have a busy day ahead of you."

"I do?" I raised my head up off of his chest, peering quizzically at his face. Last night I hadn't even wanted to be here. I still didn't really want to. But, being in his arms. . . any argument I could have come up with to leaving turned to putty. Even at this second I couldn't recall why I had freaked out last night.

"Yes," He whispered. "You know," He put his lips against my ear. "I think I like this cuddly side of you."

I pulled away and started to crawl out of the bed. "Okay, okay. I'm getting up. Go do your Alpha thing."

He sighed and rolled gracefully off of the bed. "Alexandra, will be up to fill you in on what's been planned for today." He walked into the bathroom. "I put your clothes into the closet."

When Knight closed the door I rushed to the closet and almost ran right back out of the half open door. The closet was huge. Two times bigger than my room back home. On my right were racks of clothes. Pants and shirts were hanging from racks. These must have been Knights clothes.

I glanced to the right and almost cried with relief when I saw my simple tops, sweaters, and jeans hanging modestly and sparsely along the racks. I grabbed my dark skinny jeans and wiggled into them. As I slipped off my T-shirt and grabbed my blue sweater shirt I felt a warm hand on my shoulder.

"Oh how I wish I didn't have work to do." His hand slid down my arm. "You should put that shirt on." He said into my ear.

My legs had practically turned to jello. I was using all of my strength to keep myself up. The same strange warmth I had felt while we were in the bed coursed through me. I shivered involuntarily as his body pulled away from mine. I haphazardly pulled the sweater over my head. My hands shaking, and my knees trembling I slowly turned to look at him.

He stood silently in all his glory. His hair was slightly troweled dried. His hair standing on end in places. Small droplets of water slowly ran down his chest. I had the sudden urge to lick each golden drop off. Shaking my head my eyes drifted lower. And my heart almost stopped.

He wore a white towel. It hung loose on his hips enough to show the V of his hips. The dusting of happy trail disappeared into the towel, almost begging me to rip his towel off and jump him. Oh my God. Did I really just think that? I quickly looked back up to his face. His eyes were narrowed. Not with anger, but with lust.